Replacing Carpet in 4th Gen FBody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Carpet in 4th Gen FBody

I had a shop replace the carpet in my Firebird and it turned out very nice but, I'm vowing to never let a shop ever...ever...touch my car again - per this thread: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=104970

Anyway... I picked up a 1999 Camaro Z28 for a decent amount and it runs fine, but the carpet was recently replaced and has lumps all over it. I need to fix it but am unsure on what the real key in to successful carpet replacement is, what needs to be done?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Replacing Carpet in 4th Gen FBody

You could try a heat gun , when I did mine years ago it turned out pretty good no lumps. But I laid it out and let it sit for a few days before installing it in the car. But I also got the lightweight carpet since I was doing sound deadening material throughout the car I didn't want the extra padding of stock carpet. Also being in AZ , the inside of the car would be way past 120 degrees so I would assume that would help in expanding the carpet out. So thats why I would try a heat gun to see if it helps.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-26-2014, 07:45 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X