93-97 Camaro tail light swap (possible berger and sequential lights too) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93-97 Camaro tail light swap (possible berger and sequential lights too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93-97 Camaro tail light swap (possible berger and sequential lights too)

Well, its been a while. Almost 3 years since my last post, good to see this site is still around.

I haven't done anything significant to my Camaro in those three years, and that has really been a bummer. So since I moved to Texas, I found that the junk yards are plentiful here compared to the north. First one I went to had 7 Camaros. Found the best looking tail lights and berger panel and here we are.

The tail lights themselves go in very easily, with a little modification. The two inner bulb holders on the assembly (brake light and turn light) will need to have a small amount filed away on each tail light to let the bulb socket fit. A five minute job with a dremel. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of this at the moment, but I will when I take the lights back out again.

Then the lights go in, and that's it, got yourself some LT1 style lights.

93-97 vs 98+

Running lights

Turn signals

Comparison

Re: 93-97 Camaro tail light swap (possible berger and sequential lights too)

Wow....still limited to four images per post?...ouch

All LT1

Next up will be wiring to have all three lights come on as parking lights, then tinting.

Comment

Got the turn signal now also wired up for parking light

On the turn signal bulb, there are only 2 wires, with a vacant "plunger" in the middle. Pull out this plunger, and wire up a jumper to the middle wire (brown) of the brake light next to the turn signal (other inner bulb).

I couldn't find a good way to make a connection in the bulb socket, so I put the wire in there and jammed the plunger back in. Kinda sketchy, but it didn't feel like it would move. Put some electrical tape on there for "security".

Old parking lights

Plug

Plug with wire jammed up there

Half done

Comment

New parking lights

Comment

Looks good, also its 93-96 lights are the same and 97-02 are the same for Camaros.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I understand that change is necessary to keep up with the times, but early 4th gen Camaro tails are definitely better looking to me. Looks good OP :tup:
            aka FreedStyle
            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Looks good, also its 93-96 lights are the same and 97-02 are the same for Camaros.
              Ahh, I knew it. I'm slipping up in my old age :p

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                I understand that change is necessary to keep up with the times, but early 4th gen Camaro tails are definitely better looking to me. Looks good OP :tup:
                Thanks! Yeah the amber just does not flow with my green. Looks on some 4th gens, but not green.

Comment

Got the sequential tail lights done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KdLAhmcZCM

It was a little pain in the ***, but I got it done in 4 hours.

Comment

I like it, good job.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X