fiberglass paneling in door damaged..ideas? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fiberglass paneling in door damaged..ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiberglass paneling in door damaged..ideas?

So a while back I replaced my driver window motor and the fiberglass paneling it attaches to the holes for the bolts got messed up so as a fix I cut a piece of sheet metal to the exact size of the 4 wholes to almost act as a giant washer but at the same time a more stable place for the bolts to go thru and now I can tell it must have came loose ..its making weird sounds and hard thumps when going up or down..without taking the door paneling off yet...im just curious to any ideas or a how to fix for this problem..clearly the sheet metal idea didnt work long term or its loose

Re: fiberglass paneling in door damaged..ideas?

i've got a similar issue. but its just a screw for the door handle trim piece. i'm planning on just scratching up the door and putting a few layers of fiberglasss/resin over it.

Comment

Ok well I got the door panel off and it is making crazy noises. I think the motor is bad or about to be. I took a video with my phone. Gonna try to post it. It doesnt seem to be an issue with the fiberglass like I thought it was. Has to be mechanical with the motor or regulator.

Comment

How do u post videos to here?

Comment

i am pretty certain it's the window motor regulator...loud thumps all the way up and down, then a really loud thump at the very bottom and top

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X