fresh paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh paint

this was supposed to happen a year ago, but ehh.. stuff happens. still need to paint the rear bumper.

Re: fresh paint

I take it you repainted the whole car? It looks good, I've always kinda liked your color scheme.
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Thank you. Yes i did, it's actually a different yellow, it used to be more of a canari and now its GM's wheatland yellow. the roof is now black. i switched to the SS spoiler and painted part of the hatch black to go with the spoiler. i'll be posting a ton more pictures as i get it back together

this is a better representation of the color. its under fluorescent lighting.
      Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 01-13-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Looks really clean and sharp.:tup:

Comment

Looks awesome. Much better shade of yellow IMO.

Did you paint this one yourself too?
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

thank you, thank you. yes all done in my garage. i love this yellow, its what i wanted originally, but some guys were supposedly hooking me up on paint and gave me "corvette yellow" lol.

Comment

Wow nice job on the paint looks great.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How much did it cost? How long did it take? Did you do any of the prep work?
                Phil

Comment

Gotta say I like the way you mixed in the black. Not sure how you did it. Just guessing black first then tape off ,spray yellow? The smoked out taillights go with the flow too . Maybe they should rename it Camaro yellow. Looks sharp

Comment

Forgot to ask did you clear coat ??

Comment

it is a base coat/ clear coat paint job. i painted the black base coat. taped it off (after 24 hours) Painted yellow. and cleared all. You can't let every brand of paint sit that long without sanding and reshooting base. but nason is okay for that. you have to tape everything off super good because overspray does its best to get on to everything you don't want it to. You also have to use fine line tape for stripes and such so that there is a nice paint line, that would not be achievable with normal masking tape.

It took way to long to do. because i've got other projects in the mix all the time. I did every bit of the work. the antennae hole is shaved. i did all of the prep. painting and then sanding out the trash and polishing.

Comment

Are you going to tint the windows? That would be a nice final touch imho. Had mine done for I think around 160. Limo tint. Not so awesome at night but it does change the entire appearance a lot.

Comment

it really would be the icing on the cake. i plan on doing it but i don't know what percentage i want. i've had limo tint on a few cars, and it looks awesome. but you're right it sucks driving with it. lol Plus i have trouble taking my car to a shop for anything. i've tried doing tint myself though, and thats one thing i do not have a knack for. I've got alot of stuff to do before i can drive it again and ZERO motivation right now.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I am in Tampa Bay and I want to recommend in Port Richey...TWISTED METAL..he did an excellent job in resurfacing my front bumper and I gave him a back bumper cover
                              and new right fender. the other was cracked badly. He did it all and at a very reasonable job and I love the quality...8939 US higway 19. Make appt 727.697.2052 I have a 2K camaro
                              Phil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X