New project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project

So I have been thinking of doing T-tops for awhile now so this next year probably March I'm going to go ahead and do it as my next project, I was going to put my turbo back on but
    I think I'll do t-tops first. I see theres plenty of write-ups on it so it shouldn't be too hard.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: New project

Go for it, Steve. T-tops looks really good on 4th gen than in 3rd gen. That's why when I bought mine I made sure it had T-tops.

Comment

Yeah it looks like I'm going to do it, I liked Meatyshells Camaro when he did his T-Tops. I might see if he'll help do mine. Also being 6'4 it will give me more head room with the tops off.lol
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You might want to consider 6LE's Targa Top conversion too if they still have it available by then. If I were in the position to convert from a hard-top to something else, I would seriously think about the targa top. But then again, it's nice to look up and see the sky through the roof too.
        aka FreedStyle
        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

A few guys on v6fb did a ttop conversion with great success. Personally I'd be terrified to cut into my roof, but that's why I'm glad my car already has t toos

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
            You might want to consider 6LE's Targa Top conversion too if they still have it available by then. If I were in the position to convert from a hard-top to something else, I would seriously think about the targa top. But then again, it's nice to look up and see the sky through the roof too.
            From what I heard you have to reinforced the body. It targa it makes it unstable.

I think there was a show where they did this to a 3rd gen and by the end of the show the body was out of line. They could barely close the door.

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
              I'll probably stick with the T-tops for now.

Comment

I cut the roof off my Firebird a few months ago for t tops, sad thing is they seal loads better than my Camaro's tops. Its a pretty easy process to do. The hardest part for me was getting the roof skin to come off. That adhesive they use is pretty tough stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
                  I cut the roof off my Firebird a few months ago for t tops, sad thing is they seal loads better than my Camaro's tops. Its a pretty easy process to do. The hardest part for me was getting the roof skin to come off. That adhesive they use is pretty tough stuff.
                  Got any pics? Also where a good place to get parts? Ebay?

Comment

I got everything I needed at the junkyard. Total cost of the swap was bout 60ish. I gotta find the pics, but i do have them.

Comment

Comment

I guess I don't have as many as I thought. Its pretty straight forward and was really simple since I have another t top car to go off of. Sealing the small leaks took the longest of it all.

Comment

Looks good, thanks for the pics. I found a 2002 Camaro at a scrap yard, i'll be heading there soon to see what I can pick up.

Comment

So I got the mounting brackets and center piece. I ordered my paint, clear coat and primer from Paintsctrach.com. I spent too much on X-mas so the weather stripping , t-tops and A-pillars have to wait until next month. Then the only thing I need is the T-top headliner. Looks like its going to be around $750 for everything including paint and misc. stuff like cutoff blades and fiberglass.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 12-23-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I could never bring myself to cut up the roof of my car. Im currently looking for a v8 camaro and there are two things I want, six speed, and no t-tops. The firebird leaked something awful.
                              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X