Trans Am Bumper - Will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Am Bumper - Will it fit?

Well, okay, let me back up. I'm wanting to put a same year T/A front bumper cover on a 1996 V6 Firebird. I prefer the "shovel" look of the Trans Am over the "pinched nose" of the base model.

My actual question is this - are there any fitment problems with installing a Trans Am front bumper onto a V6 Firebird, beyond the foglights? I've used the search function and found no definitive answer so far.

Thanks!

Re: Trans Am Bumper - Will it fit?

idk about the 93-97 cars, but on the 98+ the bumper foam from a base model will work with a T/A bumper, but the T/A foam will NOT work with the base bumper. Maybe the same will apply to the 93-97 cars..
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Someone here a while back did it, so I'm going to say, yes.

Comment

it fits fine, just make sure to the get the bumper foam with it and i think you need to black underbody plastic peice also. other than that it should all clip into place. i dont know if the v6s are wired for fog lights though, so you might have to wire that yourself, the fog light brackets are part of the bumper cover so you wont have to figure out how to mount new ones in it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by FinalSomnia View Post
          Well, okay, let me back up. I'm wanting to put a same year T/A front bumper cover on a 1996 V6 Firebird. I prefer the "shovel" look of the Trans Am over the "pinched nose" of the base model.

My actual question is this - are there any fitment problems with installing a Trans Am front bumper onto a V6 Firebird, beyond the foglights? I've used the search function and found no definitive answer so far.

Thanks!
          Just to clarify - you want to install a 96 TA front bumper cover on your 96 Firebird. Yes?

If true, all you will need is the bumper cover, and fog light brackets for which you already have mounting holes in the "crash" frame on the front of the car.

I have pulled the bumper cover off to install my custom fog lights, so I know it pretty well underneath.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            Just to clarify - you want to install a 96 TA front bumper cover on your 96 Firebird. Yes?

If true, all you will need is the bumper cover, and fog light brackets for which you already have mounting holes in the "crash" frame on the front of the car.

I have pulled the bumper cover off to install my custom fog lights, so I know it pretty well underneath.
            Yes sir, that is what my intention is. Thank you all for the help!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X