Triangle plastic door piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triangle plastic door piece

In the 2000 Camaro, there is a triangle piece in the right corner of the door.
    As a result of taking the inside door panels off too many time, it has come off.
    I tried "Gorilla Glue" to use to attach it to the door and it lasted about 90
    days but came off again.
    Anyone have a good fix to attach this to the door again?
    Phil

When you take the door panels off, you're supposed to remove the triangular mirror cover first. Might be why it broke.

Comment

Re: Triangle plastic door piece

And your solution to refixing to the door is????
      Phil

Comment

What exactly is broken? Its held on with a screw. Is the screw gone, the threads shot? The plastic.itself broken? Would a new set of triangular mirror covers solve the problem? Or are you set on repairing the ones you have.

Comment

No screw available. I just want to somehow get it back on the door. As I said, Gorilla Glue worked for 3 months but when I shut the door today and fell off.
          Phil

Comment

seems pretty simple, buy a new one. you can get them at a junk yard for probably damn near nothing.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Finding a 4th Gen at a junkyard would be the hardthing. There's nothing around here. I did just buy the 6le tweeter pods recently and will be installing them soon. If all goes well id be willing to sell mine if you do decide to buy them. Ebony interior

Comment

But to answer your question, gorilla glue seemed to have worked for a few months. You could reglue it and get a couple more months, or find a screw and screw them back in or retap a new hole. But you seem to be looking for a more permanent fix so this is what people are going to be pointing you to. Buying new ones will be the easiest route.

Comment

I have re-glued it and clamped it...so we will see if it sticks.
                  Gorilla Glue is good but not as good as they hype.
                  Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
                    I have re-glued it and clamped it...so we will see if it sticks.
                    Gorilla Glue is good but not as good as they hype.
                    Probably a dumb question, but did you put water on both pieces before you applied the glue? I didnt read the instructions the first time I used it and of course it didnt stick very well.

Comment

Also needs to sit on the item for 20 mins before you stick it onto the car.

Comment

Yes, I have used this stuff before and water is manditory.
                        Phil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X