Anyone own a vented hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a vented hood?

I thinking about adding heat extractors to my hood but Im worried about water pooling on the electrics and engine. Has anyone with a vented hood ever experienced this? Ive seen shakers but not vents up close.

Re: Anyone own a vented hood?

are you going to fab it up or buy the hood?

Comment

Its not gonna be noticeable unless the hood is up. Im thinking of making louvers into the back of the hood on the cowl. Dont know where Id even back that.

Comment

I vented my SS hood, don't really see much difference.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just put some washers on the mounts, gap it a half inch or so. If you don't know what I mean, go to your local import meet, I'm sure there's plenty there -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            Just put some washers on the mounts, gap it a half inch or so. If you don't know what I mean, go to your local import meet, I'm sure there's plenty there -.-
            Yeah most of my friends have those. Im at car meets all the time (we dont discriminate). No one uses the vented hoods unless show car quality. But I broke my hood bumpers and the AZone replacements left me with a 3/8in gap. If I move it anymore my headlights will never come up. I dont need another ticket for that

Comment

ive never seen those, does any of yall have any pics to see what yall mean?

Comment

I dnt have any pics. Google [240sx hood spacers]

Comment

Sarcasm is hard to portray via interwebs. Wanna run cooler? 180° thermostat. Lose the AC condenser. Leave the stance and gapped hoods to the imports.

Comment

I vented my ram air to help cool off the engine.

Comment

for looks i wouldn't do it, but if you do run cooler. then hey go for it. all i did was delete the thermostat, and i run 160 all day long. depending on the temp out side but the down fall is on cold cold days like 30-40 degress out side then it takes an hour to warm up and thats running at 2500 rpm on the high way.

Comment

thermostat delete? Like you have no thermostat anymore? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but don't our cars perform best when the water temp is 190-200ish?
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                          thermostat delete? Like you have no thermostat anymore? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but don't our cars perform best when the water temp is 190-200ish?
                          yea no thermostat been like that for 6 months, when i got a swapped motor to replace the locked up original one and replaced the radiator and hoses and flushed the new engine, i removed it and never found it , i haven't gotten it for the reason i always forget to buy it when i go to my parts store.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                            Sarcasm is hard to portray via interwebs. Wanna run cooler? 180° thermostat. Lose the AC condenser. Leave the stance and gapped hoods to the imports.
                            Ive had the thermostat for a while so im halfway there. And since im following your 3.8 build thread Ill be getting the A/C removed soon. My other car has received the stance treatment since this is now my DD. Just the underhood temps are horrible if you wanna work on it.

Comment

On my factory hood I cut out the vents on it. It ran a bit cooler, a little too cold in the winter, but it never affected anything in the four years I ran it like that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X