Firebird Front Fascia Bolt Hole Repairs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firebird Front Fascia Bolt Hole Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird Front Fascia Bolt Hole Repairs

Any suggested fixes for torn bolt holes
    I’m reinstalling the “pie shaped” pieces underneath the front fascia on driver & passenger sides. Is there some rubberized epoxy or something to repair these torn holes?

Also, I'm looking for the part number for the following “clips” used to attach the front fascia (on the rear center section) to the body in the center.
    Attached Files

Re: Firebird Front Fascia Bolt Hole Repairs

I got mine from either ebay or GM parts direct can't remember.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Bondo makes a rubberized epoxy "bumper repair" that retains the necessary flex for a plastic bumper. I'm not sure how it does in tension, though. If you go that route, I'd suggest adding a steel or aluminum mesh and then covering that in epoxy and drilling the hole for the retainer. I'm assuming you're talking about the ones up underneath the radiator area?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yes underside of front bumper - thanks!

Comment

NAPA - ask for the fastener book, and match.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

To do it properly it's a LOT of steps and products for what seems like a small repair, but worth it if you want an OEM look. Honestly for the area under the bumper you're talking about I'd recommend a more crude way of fixing the tears if you can't still clip the triangle pieces to the bumper since it's an area you don't really see. If you're still interested in doing it properly 3M makes several adhesive plastic tab repair products.

Comment

Began working on front fascia pieces the other day. Repaired the 2 underside pieces (pics attached - edge view & back view) using some JB Weld for Plastics "Semi-Flexible" seems to have worked pretty well. Very easy to use. Rubber Bumper cover Repairs are Next. Guess I'll try that Flexible Bondo as recommended. Thanks for the help!
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X