$300 Respray, Yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $300 Respray, Yay or nay

So i was talking to a friend at work recently and we got on the subject of cars and i said how i cant stand all the scratches and clear coat failure signs showing. He said that his family had a couple cars repainted by a shop for 300. I was very skeptical so i asked to see one of his cars and it was a ford escape resprayed ford yellow, it looked good and seemed to be done right. Is it worth looking in to? He said the shops owner is a friend of his fathers so he could hook me up. Its only a respray of the original black, does this sound too sketchy? prob check the shop out soon but wont have this done obviously until next spring if it turns out legit.

Re: $300 Respray, Yay or nay

I would think since they don't sand it , the paint won't stick as well.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Buy once, cry once.

Comment

Lol true

Comment

This is equal to pills that made U lose 20 pounds a month while U sleep.
          Sorry, okay if you plan to sell it in the next thirty days and it is garage kept.
          Under those conditions...I would say okay.

Comment

if that price is for sanding and such.... no way jose.
            some of those places are descent if you prep the car before hand. getting the car straight and ready for paint is the most important part of any paint job. the paint will be cheap, single stage. single stage isn't necessarily bad. but cheap paint is. i buy cheaper paint when i paint. and it still cost like 125 for clear and anywhere from 50-150 for a gallon of base/color. thats using Naason which is a subproduct of dupont.
            i paint cars in my garage that are prepped by the customer, no jams or paint included for 250-300. don't know how bad off your car is now. but it may look better now then after a cheap paint job.

Comment

Agreed. My paint isnt in horrible condition. I have scrapes here and there with early stage clear coat failure at the top of the passenger door panel stretching back to the antenna, very irritating to look at. Im now thinking of going to this reputable big shop about 5 min from, see what they think and maybe I can just get away with spot painting. From far away when it's clean it looks hot but when you get up close you can see and that's why irritates me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X