New 4" cowl hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4" cowl hood

I'm not sure that I've mentioned what I'm doing with my car right now. A couple months ago i got some real bad hail damage and ended up getting a $1900 check from my insurance. I'm fixing the damage myself and painting the whole car bright orange metallic by summit racing. Right now I'm working on sanding it down and prepping it. My hood was screwed so I got myself a new Trufiber 4" cowl hood off ws6store for $500 shipped. I'm pumped to get this done! I'll be doing a black berger panel, black behind the t-tops roof thing (dont know the technical name :p ) and black stripes on the side of the cowl.

auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: New 4" cowl hood

That's 4", that's pretty tall.

Good luck with the build.

Comment

Are you painting it in your garage?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
        That's 4", that's pretty tall.

Good luck with the build.
        thank you

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
        Are you painting it in your garage?
        yes I am, I'm gonna be building a paint booth with clear plastic to paint it in
        auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
        15.11@91.14
        Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
          thank you

Cool get lots of picks when its done:burn:

Comment

is the hood entirely open at the back? you worried about rain water any? or is the cowl tight enough to the window you don't think pooling is going to be an issue?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post

I was told by a painter I know not to use plastic for the roof, just in case the paint collects and drips on the project. Dunno how true it was, I wouldnt figure there would be enough overspray to do that, but you never know.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                is the hood entirely open at the back? you worried about rain water any? or is the cowl tight enough to the window you don't think pooling is going to be an issue?
                It's vented in 2 spots not entirely open, so i dont think it should be a problem.

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                I was told by a painter I know not to use plastic for the roof, just in case the paint collects and drips on the project. Dunno how true it was, I wouldnt figure there would be enough overspray to do that, but you never know.
                I will be using plastic on the roof and floor bc my shed is pretty dusty. I'll have intake and exhaust fans for ventilation too though.

New Time:
                15.11@91.14
                Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

a 4inch cowl seems like over kill to me. only people i see running around with those are running 90mm's or bigger and carb'd.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

remind me where i can get a cowl hood less than 4" that is $500 or less. besides that dumb looking extreme dimensions duraflex 2.5" cowl. :)

New Time:
                    15.11@91.14
                    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

The thing is you dont need a cowl hood, shoulda bought a stock hood and used the extra money for wheels and a cam or soemthing. Looks sick, but also makes the car look like it should run 10s atleast

Comment

It still looks mean as hell..Lets see pics when it's painted : )

Comment

haha I know I don't need one, I just love the way it looks. plus it's lighter so it's faster right? hahaha :p

New Time:
                          15.11@91.14
                          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

I would have bought wheels or something else instead. Hood is overkill on a mostly stock v6. That's just my opinion.
                            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Re: New 4&quot; cowl hood

at least I didn't put an SS hood on my v6. It's not like a cowl hood is meant for an 8. I guess you can call my car mostly stock since it has full bolt on's and 4.10's, lol.

New Time:
                              15.11@91.14
                              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X