Keyed? Here's how you fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keyed? Here's how you fix it

WOW - Great job; great information. THANKS!!!

And congratulations on getting your car looking excellent again!
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll post more pictures when im fully done, Ive been side tracked with work and other car issues lately lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Hello to all Firebird fans,

I am new to the forum,and I guess that I have some catch up work to do in order to get up to speed,I grew up with three 68 Firebirds that I had built from the ground up,two HO 400 Small blocks and one stock 350,ran mid 10s in the 1/4,well thats a start,holler if any out there remembers the 80s.:banana:

-JH

Comment

You did a great job. But I wanted to let you know there is another safer option to your refining/wetsanding step. There is a product called "Blob Eliminator" that is specifically designed to remove touch up paint from the car's surface. Its made by a company called Langka and as far as I know there is no other product out there like it. Did some searching a while back and stumbled on this so figured id offer my findings. I plan to follow your regimen to the "T" but I don't trust myself with the wetsanding lol :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Brians00Blackbird View Post
            You did a great job. But I wanted to let you know there is another safer option to your refining/wetsanding step. There is a product called "Blob Eliminator" that is specifically designed to remove touch up paint from the car's surface. Its made by a company called Langka and as far as I know there is no other product out there like it. Did some searching a while back and stumbled on this so figured id offer my findings. I plan to follow your regimen to the "T" but I don't trust myself with the wetsanding lol :rolleyes:
            The thing about the wetsanding part is when you build up the coats and clear coat it will be a little bit higher than the paint. Because it is higher you'll still see the scratch due to the difference in height on the surface. Same thing if it is lower than the rest of the paint.

Just practice with a regular piece of paper. Count to about 8 seconds. 1 mississipi, 2 mississipi, etc. as you apply just enough pressure to hold the paper in place. If you have ever seen those zit commercials where they apply cream to their face, or like I dunno those beauty commercials where girls smear that green crap on their face, thats about the speed you want to go in a circular motion. Stay in the one spot for the 8 seconds, then slide it over to the next inch or so, try and keep it so that you are not overlapping, but not leaving a gap either.

Remember that when you use the wet sand paper in the quixx kit to keep it wet.

You'll be fine man, Im not a body shop guy, Im like everyone else here. I wash wax/polish my car by hand and with a cheapo orbital buffer. Just have a little confidence.

You might wanna reference this to...I got bored so I started making a website kinda tracking everything with my build and I did a little write up on this as well. I keep adding stuff (not relevant to this) as I have time.

How to fix deep scratches

Actually if you look at the rear quarter panel closely you can somewhat see the marks. That is because there is still a little bit of a low spot to it. I need to apply another coat or so to that spot as it was a little lower than I thought.

My door came out perfectly. You can't see it at all. Same with my front fender.
            Last edited by LETZRIDE; 09-17-2012, 10:57 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Oh wow that's cool thanks, I'll be doing this soon. Black is very difficult to work with so im glad yours came out great hopefully I get the same results. Ill post some pics when I get to it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X