painting my car again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting my car again

i've gotten a few dings and rock chips since i painted my car 4 years ago and, theres a pretty big car show coming up, so i decided i'm going to fix the imperfections and reclear it... i've been thinking about changing it up a little but honestly i think i like the paint exactly the way it is. however, i thought i would see what fellow camaro lovers have to say... if yo would like to photoshop or give ideas that would be cool. i am going to paint the stripe on the bottom side of the spoiler and that third brake light is blacked out. as well as the front corner markers.
    intercooler is hiding^
    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM.

Re: painting my car again

Go all black.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I say get the black-backed halos for sure, those chrome ones, IMO, look bad on almost anything, but are particularly out of place given on your car given the accent color. Are you missing your third brake light lens? Looks like it. I'd sand your markers (front/rear) smooth and have the shop mix clear and black and black out them and your tail lights and get some kind of black license plate frame or maybe have them paint the inside of the license cubby black. Everything else looks great.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Looks as good as new...actually better

Comment

X2 on what Schlotzky said

Only other thing you might want a valance for the centre mount exhaust. 6 Litre eater sells them. Other than that your car looks awesome.
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

all of the markers besides tail lights are blacked out. and im painting it myself. but i don't think i wanna tint my tails. for sure not real dark. thought about the black headlights. but the clear/chrome make it look like a new car to me.

Comment

rear valance would be nice but i dont wanna pay fot thinking about making something myself eventually... ssms..i hear once u go black u dont go back so... im gonna stay yellar

Comment

1) make the stripes go all the way... looks half-assed. 2) Those tips would look nice with an SS rear. 3) Agreed on black halos. 4) It looks nice. Do a write up on clear coating if you DIY.

Comment

i ****ing hate stripes on the roof, won't happen..

Comment

haha not gonna do a write up... but what i do for nice smooth clear is.... use a good gun... i've got a devilbiss gfg670 lvlp lays super nice... i put 10% reducer in the mix and high temp activator to give it time to flow out (if the weather permits obviously) the rest is practice, laying it as wet as you can without runnning.
                    would like a ss spoiler but, i also like reminding the v8 guys that i have a v6 when they're behind me lol

Comment

I meant stripes down on the hatch in the rear. And SS back bumper, not spoiler. Tips in the middle would fit good in one of those.

Comment

I think the stripe is fine, MAYBE take it down to the berger panel, but I like it the way it is. Paint the underside of the spoiler and get a valence or SS bumper for the CME..
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

is the SS bumper really different? i've never noticed? and thank you

Comment

The bumper itself is the same. He's talking about the CME valence that's already been mentioned.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Like these:

http://image.camaroperformers.com/f/...ail_lights.jpg

http://image.gmhightechperformance.c..._ss_emblem.jpg

Is that just a valence? It looks like it's a one-piece bumper..
                              aka FreedStyle
                              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X