Exterior lights (DRLs, fog, headlights) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior lights (DRLs, fog, headlights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior lights (DRLs, fog, headlights)

Is there anything anyone has seen that looked cool not from the original? Strictly the orange DRLs, fog lamps, and headlights. I want to change them but dunno what I should do. I want to change the color or something. Orange, white and yellow are getting boring. Ha

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Re: Exterior lights (DRLs, fog, headlights)

You want to change the bulbs, or you want to change the light housings?

What year?

I did hella 90mm projector fogs, blacked out clear corners and Hella FF75 headlights.

4.5 gens use the same corner lights and have different options for fogs and have mass produced aftermarket headlight selections, or do the whistler mod.

Or, for bulbs, there are a few options of coated bulbs for changing hues, or clear bulbs for the corners. I would advise against HID unless you have appropriate housings (projectors).
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I've got a 00 Firebird. :/ I was probably thinking just the color because the housings aren't much on birds ha

Comment

There have been guys who do custom jobs, but that's mostly all that is available. They do make PnP "projector" headlights for those birds, but they don't appear to be of any quality, though I haven't seen the beam pattern first hand.

Silverstar corner lights are my favorite. They seemed to have discontinued the best looking ones that have a blue mirror finish but light up a nice deep amber, but they are still on eBay last I checked. Or just get plain un-coated clear bulbs. As for headlights, the only PnP I've tried that are worth anything are Silverstar Ultras, though the increased brightness is still marginal. They do have a nice white that is more crisp. Same for fogs. If you go with a cheap set, there are a lot of color options, but all I've seen produce less light output than a standard halogen.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Hm. Seems not worthy of my time, money, or effort. I just need to.find something to spend money on. :P

Comment

My stock headlights were horrible. After all the time I put in (new housings), they were truly incredible, but as far as just bulbs go, yeah, they are usually a waste.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I appreciate your input though. Very knowledgeable! :)

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                Silverstar corner lights are my favorite. They seemed to have discontinued the best looking ones that have a blue mirror finish but light up a nice deep amber, but they are still on eBay last I checked.
                Silverstar 3157A are $25 a pair on eBay. I did score 2 pairs @ $9 each on Amazon from the same eBay guy. Went back to buy more and the Amazon price was now $25. He must have forgot about Amazon pricing until I bought them. Should have bought more. Awesome ambers though! Have them on the Impala SS, and for the clears on the Bird front.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

So you have four ambers (DRL & fog)?

Comment

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
                    So you have four ambers (DRL & fog)?
                    I don't have either on a 96. Just parking/turn signal.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Oh. I see.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X