Ebay 98-02 SS Hood Scoop - opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay 98-02 SS Hood Scoop - opinion

What do you guys think about the 98-02 SS Hood Scoop that is sold on Ebay?

After molding it onto a normal Camaro hood, would it be the same as a factory SS hood?

Here is the link..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camaro-SS-Ho...23913170339747

Re: Ebay 98-02 SS Hood Scoop - opinion

You'd be better off buying a whole SS hood, after the money you spend to "mold" this thing in you could just get an actual SS hood. If I were you Id just get the real deal. Just my 2 cents.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
      You'd be better off buying a whole SS hood, after the money you spend to "mold" this thing in you could just get an actual SS hood. If I were you Id just get the real deal. Just my 2 cents.

Well said X2.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The thing is I am in Europe currently and it is kind of hard to get a whole SS hood over here...it'll cost a hell of a lot to ship it over here.

And the thing is that I've got a local person who will mold it for very cheap money...so in that case what do you say? Will it look the same?

Comment

i think you should get it, because it comes with a nice mesh grill... jk
          biggest problem is stock hoods are metal.. and obviously thats fiberglass.. they dont expand and contract the same. so in a few days, months or years. all of your nice bondo work will have cracks in it. and just fyi. im not saying you would use bondo to make it adhere. just for the molding.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
            i think you should get it, because it comes with a nice mesh grill... jk
            biggest problem is stock hoods are metal.. and obviously thats fiberglass.. they dont expand and contract the same. so in a few days, months or years. all of your nice bondo work will have cracks in it. and just fyi. im not saying you would use bondo to make it adhere. just for the molding.
            I'll talk with the guy over here about that...metal and fiberglass, whether there will be any problems...but other than that, since it will look the same, I might get it...I think it makes the hood look much better...and it's pretty cheap, as I said to get a whole hood shipped over here would cost a lot of money, not to mention the cost of the whole hood....I'd rather get it remolded every two years :rock:

Comment

the ss hood is actually a functional "ram air" hood also. but do you what you please it is your car after all. i cant say i never thought of doing stuff like that to save a few bucks

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                the ss hood is actually a functional "ram air" hood also. but do you what you please it is your car after all. i cant say i never thought of doing stuff like that to save a few bucks
                I don't need a functional "raim air" hood though...I just want it for looks..I use this car as a daily driver, so I don't want to mod it alot to a point where it will not be comfortable to drive...the ram air hood would be useless as I don't plan to mod this car any more than just having a decent sounding exhaust and good looks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X