X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitting a deer at 65mph

will result in:

Re: hitting a deer at 65mph

Yeah, I hate the damn things. A deer at the same speed is what finally did in my Oldsmobile beatermobile. Hopefully you're okay and the car can be fixed.

Comment

Ouch. I ran one over back in October that had JUST been hit by a truck a few minutes ahead of me... SOMEHOW, I went over it without destroying the front bumper on my 'bird. The air dam however did an excellent job of scraping meat off and throwing it up into the engine bay. 2+ hours at a manual car wash just to get the loose stuff... then had to lift the car up and weld shut a 3in. hole it put in my y-pipe. I got lucky that's all it was...

Good luck getting your Camaro fixed. Will insurance cover that at all?
      aka FreedStyle
      Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
      2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

That could have been much worse than that. That looks repairable to me.

Comment

That sh!t'll buff out!
          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

:(...

Comment

Ouch. Good looking car, too...

Parting out? I have dibs on rims
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I hit a deer at 55mph in a 00' cavalier was about $2000 worth of damage, he flew up past the windshield and landed on the trunk lid. Was lucky noone got hurt except the deer of course , but he got up and ran off.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
                  That could have been much worse than that. That looks repairable to me.
                  Amen. I hit one in my '07 Altima back in Jan, about the same speed, and the damage total was over $8k. It took out the hood, both front fenders, one headlight, bumper cover/grille, radiator, condenser, fan assembly, even knocked the sunroof motor/track loose. If I had been in the Camaro they probably would have written it off.

Comment

Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Road runners and coyotes move faster than any car. ;)

Rattlers get run over.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Here in Florida we run people and bicycle riders over....about 3 a day or more.
                        Pedestrians have no rights here and we have NO designed passing lane so that means some 85 year old driving an RV towing his 98 Buick can drive 50 mph
                        on the 275 or 75 in the inside lane. Jeb Bush vetoed the bill to give drivers a passing lane, saying it would "encourage speeding" so we have a free for all on the freeway...big trucks drive in the inside lane...no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                          we have NO designed passing lane so that means some 85 year old driving an RV towing his 98 Buick can drive 50 mph
                          on the 275 or 75 in the inside lane.
                          Same in AZ.

I spend more time in the right lane passing people, because grandma is in the left lane for 5 miles before she makes the left turn - at a TL!

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I live in Palm Harbor where we have a lot of 80+ year old drivers who like to drive up to 30 mph under the limit. My neighbor was still driving his 1997 Buick at age 94 until his son put him in an "assisted living" home. The old folks love to pull out in front of you on a highway moving at 60 and then drive up to 40 mph and cannot understand why anyone could be upset.

Comment

did you atleast keep the deer? lol.

sucks dood

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X