What's the best scratch remover out there? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best scratch remover out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best scratch remover out there?

My bird's spoiler is getting a lot of clearcoat scratches probably from the wind and debris.

I've been using 3M's 39002 (I think that's the #) and it's been great. I've also used this to clear the cloudiness from my other cars' headlamps. But I'm running out and 3M doesn't sell this anymore.

I've used Mother's, but it just seem more like a wax than a compound.

So is there anything better?

Re: What's the best scratch remover out there?

scratches from the wind..... sounds like some harsh weather up there! i really don't have any advice but nissan has a paint out that fixes scratches itself. haven't seen it in person but sounds awesome.

Comment

I've not found or heard of a good "scratch remover." I've things like scratch X and that Nu stuff. I usually just use lighter stuff and work my way up if I'm not getting rid of the scratch. So I'd probably start with Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0, use Fine Cut Cleaner if that doesn't do it, and Medium Cut Cleaner if that doesn't. Then of course, work back up to wax as depending on which you use, it will leave scratches that the next level up will need to remove. I personally don't see how any one step process would work unless it's just filling the scratch which would then wear over time and require repeated application.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
        scratches from the wind..... sounds like some harsh weather up there! i really don't have any advice but nissan has a paint out that fixes scratches itself. haven't seen it in person but sounds awesome.
        I live in a desert area.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        I've not found or heard of a good "scratch remover." I've things like scratch X and that Nu stuff. I usually just use lighter stuff and work my way up if I'm not getting rid of the scratch. So I'd probably start with Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0, use Fine Cut Cleaner if that doesn't do it, and Medium Cut Cleaner if that doesn't. Then of course, work back up to wax as depending on which you use, it will leave scratches that the next level up will need to remove. I personally don't see how any one step process would work unless it's just filling the scratch which would then wear over time and require repeated application.
        That's a good advice. Thank you.

Comment

are you talking about 3m perfect it? I beleive they still make it... at least you can still get it on amazon.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Wow loochy haven't seen your name on here in forever. How's it going?

To the op... I heard Adams makes amazing products. Check them out.
            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

porter cable, some pads, some compound

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X