3rd gen Irocs on a 4th gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen Irocs on a 4th gen

Does anyone know if any set of wheels from a 3rd gen will work on a 4th gen?

I just found a set on craigslist and will be going to take a look at them tomorrow. They have brand new tires. I love the design I just want to know if they will bolt right up or if there's any complications.

The Blue salad shooters will be replaced with a completely new design. don't worry they won't be blue irocs. ;)

Re: 3rd gen Irocs on a 4th gen

are you taking your car? Why not just remove a wheel and do a test fit?
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I love those wheels... no clue about size.

Comment

I've wondered this myself. Post pics if they fit!
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Afterthought, aren't 3rd & 4th gen rear ends the same? Why wouldn't they fit?

Comment

They fit the rear.. I once caught a flat and had to put a 3rd Gen rim on. They should fit the front too.

Comment

Sure, they fit, from what I've heard, without any modification. They just have smaller offset so they stick out farther than the stock wheels. I've seen pictures on this forum and others, and they stuck out too far for my taste, but are otherwise nice looking wheels.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                Sure, they fit, from what I've heard, without any modification. They just have smaller offset so they stick out farther than the stock wheels. I've seen pictures on this forum and others, and they stuck out too far for my taste, but are otherwise nice looking wheels.

Thats exactly the look I'm shooting for. I might be buying a pair of fender flairs if they go out far enough. :)

Comment

They do fit. I got some 77 snowflakes for my 4th gen and they fit.........BUT I'm gonna need to shave a few mil off the calliper carriers as they are scraping. This shouldn't be a problem with the 3rd gen wheels. As for the offset, I think they look pretty cool. Gives the car a wider stance and they don't stick out past the top of the arches. :)

Comment

I was looking at selling out and buying a set of vette rims but I honestly don't want to go that route. I like the fact they will stick out much further than the stockers.

I will most likely remove my salad shooters, recondition them and perhaps paint them black and sell them.:rock:

I'm talking dirt cheap to.

Comment

Just brought the set home. They will need some work considering they look as if they are from the early 80's but who cares? They are spokes and will give that OEM look I want so tomorrow I'm going to put them on, set them out and play with some ideas.:rock:

The only thing that worry's me is I don't know if they are balanced.

Comment

Pics when you get them on the car!
                        3M MAFIA
                        ________
                        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pbryant_knight View Post
                          Gives the car a wider stance and they don't stick out past the top of the arches. :)
                          I agree to an extent. That's a nice look, but I feel these wheels are too narrow to pull it off. IIRC, they are 7" wide.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I had them on and they looked fine (until I reversed and heard a grinding from where the callipers scraped)

Be interesting to see the iroc wheels on :)

Comment

Bad news

Just when I finally achived the look I wanted for the car the rims grind on the car.

I'm just going to sell the car. I'm tired of going through the BS that nothing works with this car and parts are freakishly expensive and extremely difficult to install them.

I'm going to buy a Fiero, MR2 or 300ZX Z32.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X