Inststalling clear headlights & front bra - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inststalling clear headlights & front bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inststalling clear headlights & front bra

So my paint has alot of cracks in the fiberglass up by the front of the hood where in shuts and cat scratches from the the 3" hood place from top to bottom , little b@stards and also where the grill is the is fiberglass cracking( my fault when it was lowered still and the front end from rocks and also hitting garbage in the road, coouldn't swerve since other cars around while doing 50 mph. I don't think it will look that bad until I fix it , just got my $100 worth of touchup paint and some other paint products to fill in the small scrathces and do some fiberglassing.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Inststalling clear headlights & front bra

So you're gonna do a clear bra and clear headlight covers? I thought you have the probeam covers?

Or do you mean you're just putting a standard black bra over the front end?

Either way, your paint is only what, 2 years old? And it's already beat up? :( In any case, I'm sure it looks better than mine :P
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
      So you're gonna do a clear bra and clear headlight covers? I thought you have the probeam covers?

Or do you mean you're just putting a standard black bra over the front end?

Either way, your paint is only what, 2 years old? And it's already beat up? :( In any case, I'm sure it looks better than mine :P
      I bought some new clear light covers, and yes black bra, my neighbors have 4 cats and my brother whos moved out now had 4 cats and my Mom & Dad 6-7 cats, seems like they always climb on my car outside, made some deep scratches and then the bigger crack where I ran into my bro's weight bench. Now that I have room to park my car into the garage one its fixed it should be good for alittle while. I think I got screwed on my paint job , looks like they didn't prep it very well, ther is no primer or sealant, what it looks like to me. I'm trying to find out where he moved his shop, since I have a warranty for 6 years and its been 2 1/2 year. Thats the only major spots and the rear spoiler , the rest shines when its waxed with no chips or fading. Pisses me off that he said ," I'm doing the sanding and taking out all the dents , then will primer it and seal it , paint it and clear coat it. He did all the door jabs and whatnot, He had it for about a month so he had the time. LOL I hope I can track him down so I can get him to redo the front and rear spoiler. I've seen yours from a distance and it look great when was yours touched up?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have to see it first to know what it looks like.

I can relate to cats. I've seen stray cats in my hood mesmerized when they stand up close to my bird and they see a clear reflection of themselves.

Some of them had scratch my bottom. I usually double my car cover because cats love scratching my covers to sharpen their nails. They love peeing on it too. Every month I had to hose it down.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Once I get the paint fixed and some fiberglassing I will remove the bottom car cover part and might keep the top on so the hood doesn't want to spider crack, plus don't have to use a terry cloth to close the hood becuase of fingerprints. After this week it will be permantly in the garage as more stuff is moved out. Plus I had to turn my alarm all the way down , I have a car cover but they were still setting off the alarm and I diddn't like the car cover becuase after washing and waxing it the cover left dirt on the car, I have washed the cover about 5 times now , so if I kept on using it , it would be like ha ving to wash it and dry it every 2 days, damm AZ dust& dirt only way to keep clean is a garage. I only drive maybe 1-2 times a week if that so one would think it would be clean all the time. Plus I have had some d!cks with their door dings and whatnot. But I think I'm getting more into my engine build and turbo now that the appearance is becoming 2nd now. I have my stereo completed and dropping off my heads today for their work to be done in about a week $300 , then mechanic will have it about a week $400-$500, and then will see how long it takes me to install the turbo, hope to have some help, not the guy at Peak Boost who I thought was going to give me a great price, was going to be like maybe $200 on a weekend , then turned around and said well it might take a week to do so maybe $800:eek: I told him if I can't do it myself, I'll give him a call to do 3 welds to finish it.LOL So I might just leave the bras on and headlight covers and work on getting the car running great first.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I bought some new clear light covers, and yes black bra, my neighbors have 4 cats and my brother whos moved out now had 4 cats and my Mom & Dad 6-7 cats, seems like they always climb on my car outside, made some deep scratches and then the bigger crack where I ran into my bro's weight bench. Now that I have room to park my car into the garage one its fixed it should be good for alittle while. I think I got screwed on my paint job , looks like they didn't prep it very well, ther is no primer or sealant, what it looks like to me. I'm trying to find out where he moved his shop, since I have a warranty for 6 years and its been 2 1/2 year. Thats the only major spots and the rear spoiler , the rest shines when its waxed with no chips or fading. Pisses me off that he said ," I'm doing the sanding and taking out all the dents , then will primer it and seal it , paint it and clear coat it. He did all the door jabs and whatnot, He had it for about a month so he had the time. LOL I hope I can track him down so I can get him to redo the front and rear spoiler. I've seen yours from a distance and it look great when was yours touched up?

Dang man, that's a lot of cats. There are a few around my area, but I've never seen them on my car, only the dam crows. I got a few things repainted last summer (the car still smells a bit like bondo dust inside from being parked in the shop for so long) including the spoiler.. which I've had redone 6 times now and it has weird lines in it and a crack in the center through the paint. Shines like crazy, but still looks bad. From what they told me, I think the spoiler I have for some reason just doesn't like the paint so I've considered just buying another one to get rid of the problem. My front bumper and hood are what needs paint though. They look decent from a distance, but up close they are riddled with chips. Maybe that'll happen this summer.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X