Hood Vent Blinker Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Vent Blinker Mod

This is something I've been working on on the side for a little bit. I drilled up my vents but wasn't happy with how it came out so I bought another set and modified them. I'm really happy with the results. I hooked them up to the turn signals, so they'll come on with the hazards or turn signals. Check it out.

And here's a quick video.

Got the idea from unique96 actually, and modified it for my taste. I used two 24cm yellow/amber led strips from eBay at a cost of ~$8 IIRC, a little bit of silicon and some speaker wire, and this is the result.:cool:
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Hood Vent Blinker Mod

:drool: thats awesome!! i just may try that!!

Comment

Freakin sweet! I bet people will think you're a cop if they see you on the side of the road with your 4-ways on lol
      sigpic

Comment

hmmmmm any chance you can give out the seller on ebay?

Comment

I knew you had something up your sleeve when you were looking for a set of these... lol

Nice Job!
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Forgive me for not having the full wiring diagram memorized, but why don't they flash when the alarm is activated?

Comment

Fianlly, a use for the hood vents. Looks great!

Comment

That looks pretty sweet. Now how could you do the whole knightrider thing and have it sweeping and whatnot, like I've seen other LED stuff do?

Comment

Gay rice. Those lights scream "I'm asian, and I like men's furry rumps".
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

^ I would agree if they did anything but blink with the turn signals/flashers but honestly what's more rice, these, or non-functional hood vents with "vent inserts"?
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

GR8 , I thought you had a SS hood? N20EQUiP had done the mod first with his reb/blue lights for show, but I agree they look bad@ss with the turn signals, I wanted to get the side mirrors with the turn signals but their too much money. Great job ricer. LOL J/K
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
                        hmmmmm any chance you can give out the seller on ebay?
                        Don't remember the seller name, but I wouldn't recommend them, shipping was really slow and then they sent me a defective unit that I had to wait for another slow shipping for.

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
                        I knew you had something up your sleeve when you were looking for a set of these... lol

Nice Job!
                        Yes, the idea was a combo of bard's camaro and my dad's '68 mustang. The mustang has hood vents similar to the camaro but facing the driver and has little amber lights that blink with the turn signals. Thanks!

Originally posted by timthescarred View Post
                        Forgive me for not having the full wiring diagram memorized, but why don't they flash when the alarm is activated?
                        They are just running off the bright filament in the corner lights, so they won't come on with the headlights or parking lights or anything, just turn signals/hazards. I thought about doing a two stage thing, but I think that would be too much.

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
                        That looks pretty sweet. Now how could you do the whole knightrider thing and have it sweeping and whatnot, like I've seen other LED stuff do?
                        They sell multifunction LED bars if you are into that kinda stuff. I'm not so I just went with standard on/off, but they sell them and they would probably fit.

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                        Gay rice. Those lights scream "I'm asian, and I like men's furry rumps".
                        lol. Oh well, can't please everyone.

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
                        ^ I would agree if they did anything but blink with the turn signals/flashers but honestly what's more rice, these, or non-functional hood vents with "vent inserts"?
                        My thoughts exactly. At least now they have somewhat of a purpose. Same purpose as the factory vents on my dad's '68 mustang, which no one would call rice.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          GR8 , I thought you had a SS hood? N20EQUiP had done the mod first with his reb/blue lights for show, but I agree they look bad@ss with the turn signals, I wanted to get the side mirrors with the turn signals but their too much money. Great job ricer. LOL J/K
                          I thought about getting an SS hood but actually decided I like the stock on better. Little more sleek look and doesn't scream about the power that I don't have :P.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Oh I remember you have a SS spoiler and stock spoiler corrrect? I thin it was , I know you have a SS something I remember?
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have the SS spoiler, yeah. Had to complete the all-LED rear end with the spoiler :P

The video was actually longer, I walked around the car and shows all the other LEDs and zoomed in on the hood vents but I cut it off because I thought it was a little unnecessarily long.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X