Taking off rear bumper support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking off rear bumper support

I looked and found 3 bolts , does the rear bumper cover need to come off to remove the rear bumper support?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Taking off rear bumper support

What do you mean by rear bumper support?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Like the front bumper support with the foam and metal reinforcement, I have never had the rear bumper cover off before , but looking underneath I can see the reinforcement. I only drive my car maybe 1-2 times a week 15 mins. so its not a DD, I will be disconnecting the air bags since if one did hit me I would bleed out internally from taking blood thinners for 4 years and will be for the rest of my life.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You mean you're removing the impact blocks (I think that's what is called)

I know James removed his.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
          You mean you're removing the impact blocks (I think that's what is called)

I know James removed his.
          Yes, and there should be a metal piece that ties them together, its like 28LBS.

Comment

I would think you'd have to remove the rear bumper cover, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I've been hit by an air bag twice now, no internal bleeding yet...

Comment

Are you talking about this?
                (taken from my for sale thread)

Then yes you would need to remove the bumper as I don't see any other way to unbolt it and pull it out...it's really not that hard and shouldn't take you too long even if your going slow.

Comment

This then? Yes, you'll definitely have to take the bumper cover off. That didn't take me too long though, and I did it at night struggling to see where the clips and bolts were.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post

This then? Yes, you'll definitely have to take the bumper cover off. That didn't take me too long though, and I did it at night struggling to see where the clips and bolts were.
                    haha ghetto

Comment

Originally posted by Beefcake View Post
                      I've been hit by an air bag twice now, no internal bleeding yet...
                      I take blood thinners so I don't have another stroke., thanks for the pic, GR doesn't look too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        I take blood thinners so I don't have another stroke., thanks for the pic, GR doesn't look too bad.
                        Be very careful. My wife takes it too and her blood has to be at 3.5. It's extremely thin and she has bruises showing up all over the place. I'm worried that she might accidently bump head and pop a vessel up in her brain. My wife is a clutts too. She stumbles and trip all the time.
                        -------------------

Anyway, if you remove this then that means you rear bumper would be kind of soft and it could easily crack. Oh well, atleast your camaro would be down to 2870lbs. That translate to quicker speed.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                          Be very careful. My wife takes it too and her blood has to be at 3.5. It's extremely thin and she has bruises showing up all over the place. I'm worried that she might accidently bump head and pop a vessel up in her brain. My wife is a clutts too. She stumbles and trip all the time.
                          -------------------

Anyway, if you remove this then that means you rear bumper would be kind of soft and it could easily crack. Oh well, atleast your camaro would be down to 2870lbs. That translate to quicker speed.

I hit my shin about 2 weeks ago , had to go in and have it checked out , its still swollen , but the Dr. said it just takes a little longer before it will go back to normal. My INR 3.0 ,So a air bag in the face would kill me, I wish we had the options of switching them off/on like newer vehicles with a switch.

Comment

So you're telling me I don't get bruises is because my blood is too thick? Cause I just absolutely do not get bruises anymore.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Were talking about if someone is on blood thinnners , they are prone to bruises and are likely to have a blood clots due to a blow to the right spot. When I saw the Dr. he said its most likely to form a clot on the softer side of the limbs like the calf or forearm and of course the head since a clot will form underneath the skull. A normal person has a 1.0 INR, before I had to go on blood thinners I would never bruise. Since I have a hole open in the heart between the 2 sides so blood clot could go to the wrong side and its just a matter of time even on blood thinners that another clot can pass through and go to the brain again or to a limb. After the Cadrio Dr. at Mayo saw my heart he tried to get it closed right away, first when I had the stroke but it was denied by my insurance and last Oct. again denied by my insurance(becuase its not FDA approved). If my new insurance doesn't cover the procedure , I'm screwed. what really sucks they can't fix my back problems until they fix my heart since the high risk of the heart. So I'm off another 4 years, has been 3 years already, I get full pay but I would rather be fixed and doing something rather than staying home and doing nothing. Blizz. you can have you blood checked to see if it is too thick , forget what it is called when it is too thick. I know women who have low Iron levels will bruise easy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X