FULL Whistler Headlights and Clear Corners - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FULL Whistler Headlights and Clear Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FULL Whistler Headlights and Clear Corners

finally got sometime today to take some pics, its been a bout 3 weeks since ive done it but I did full whistler headlights and picked up some clear turn signals.........baller should be proud ;)
    it was a bit cloudy so the pics arnt the best but oh well
    what do you guys think?

3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: FULL Whistler Headlights and Clear Corners

*cough* slp grille *cough*

nice

Comment

looks good man, I personally prefer either stockers or some sort of halo aftermarket ones, not really into the whistler thing but she looks great and you cant go wrong with clear corners.

I noticed your driver side headlight weatherstripping is protruding out more than the passenger side? kinda throws it off.

and like venom said if you got the cash get an slp grill, or if ur cheap like me just get a billet one its pretty cheap now on ebay like 50 bucks maybe?
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Headlamps look opaque. It should be a way to make them shiny. About the grill, you can get the stock one, just paint it black, it will look very nice. Personally, I don't like how camaros look with grills that look metallic or chromy.
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

haha i know i need a grille bad, i had the whole front end replaced last year cause some ****ing jackass backed into the front of her while i was in a movie with at the time my girlfriend, came out and saw her all smshed made me almost puke, and you could see the tire marks in front of my car when he took off, sad thing is I was parked aways from other cars, but anyway i never got a replacement I want an slp but thos are pricey, so maby ill paint a stock one or get a billet and paint it black or a dark gray, what about mesh and paint it?

truekoa it is actally a small gap (pic makes it look worst then what it really is) between the headlight and the bumber, cause as i said above i had it replaced.
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          sigpic

Comment

You should get some black corners to match those headlights

Comment

you know i thought about black corners, but every camaro around were i live has black ones, so i thought i go a diffrent route and do clears and i think they look good with the whistlered headlights plus im the only one with clears....that i know of haha
              3M MAFIA
              ________
              sigpic

Comment

thats what i do. if i like it more but everybody has it, forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
                  ill paint a stock one or get a billet and paint it black or a dark gray, what about mesh and paint it?

truekoa it is actally a small gap (pic makes it look worst then what it really is) between the headlight and the bumber, cause as i said above i had it replaced.
                  I've seen stock grills painted in different colors, but they look cheap. If you going to paint it, do it black.

Your parking lights look opaque too. Are they new? If so, then maybe is the picture that doesn't help.
                  Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by borispeed View Post
                    Your parking lights look opaque too. Are they new? If so, then maybe is the picture that doesn't help.
                    I'm wrong. Looking at the last pic, the parking lights look good. You just need to make those headlamps shine.

Comment

just out of curosity-what makes it a "whistler" headlight? is it just a brand name? & on the subject of grills, i have a billet grill that i powdercoated black & it looks amazing, powdercoated instead of painting per the guys on heres instructions-they were right-so far the finish is holding up & looks fantastic

Comment

looks good, polish up the headlights a bit. begging for a grille! heavychevy383 could you pm me a picture of your powdecoated grille? ive been thinking about getting mine powdercoated but am curious to see how they look, thanks bud
                        Robby
                        2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by heavychevy383 View Post
                          just out of curosity-what makes it a "whistler" headlight? is it just a brand name?
                          It's called the "Whistler Mod" because I believe the guy who originally thought it up was screen named whistler. It includes taking the stock headlights to the oven, opening them up, and painting the inside as seen in the pictures above.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yes schlotzky is right, hes on cardomain.
                            and as for the headlights ive polished the **** out of them and i cant get them any more clear and ive sanded and polished more any tips?
                            3M MAFIA
                            ________
                            sigpic

Comment

you're very correct sir, baller would be proud :tup:

looks good, but i agree you need a grille like whoa...

i loved my smoked corners when i had them, but they would leak when i used to DD and have her out in the elements, so i finally wised up to the ways of niteshades and did my stock signals.

whats next on the appearance list man?
                              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X