headlamp rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlamp rubber

I got aftermarket headlamps, and one of them has the rubber that goes around the lamp detached. I contacted the seller and he said that it wasn't big deal, and any strong glue or silicone will fix it. The glue that comes with the lamps doesn't look too resistant. I want that rubber looks nice and neat. Any ideas?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: headlamp rubber

i have the same problem with one of my halos.... so free bump

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
      .... so free bump
      What do you mean?
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

3M makes this stuff that is just for seals and rubber pieces, its yellow in color so be careful how you use it, its about 7 bucks a tube and you can get it at any auto parts store. i have personaly used it on my headlight rubber and it works amazing

hope this helps guys
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by borispeed View Post
          What do you mean?
          means i bumped ur thread to the top bc i need the answer too

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
            3M makes this stuff that is just for seals and rubber pieces, its yellow in color so be careful how you use it, its about 7 bucks a tube and you can get it at any auto parts store. i have personaly used it on my headlight rubber and it works amazing

hope this helps guys
            thanks man

Comment

Oh, I see.

Comment

hope this helps guys
                Great! Did you need to do something to the lamp before applying the yellow thing?

Comment

Means he hijacked your thread when he could of posted his own, come on Venom your 19 now you should know the rules I vote ban him or let hm find his own rubbers. LOL J/K
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Great! Did you need to do something to the lamp before applying the yellow thing?
                    just took some paint thinner on a rag and rubbed the surface, i went down to my shop and looked at it so i could get the name, its 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive.
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                    sigpic

Comment

just took some paint thinner on a rag and rubbed the surface, i went down to my shop and looked at it so i could get the name, its 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive.
                      Thank you so much for that information. I going to get that adhesive. Also I am going to install the lamps this weekend. Would it be better to attach the rubberstrip before installing the lamps, or after?

Comment

Thank you so much for that information. I going to get that adhesive. Also I am going to install the lamps this weekend. Would it be better to attach the rubberstrip before installing the lamps, or after?
                        well mine got knocked loose during install, so i would say to w8

Comment

well mine got knocked loose during install, so i would say to w8
                          :tup: Good point! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            Means he hijacked your thread when he could of posted his own, come on Venom your 19 now you should know the rules I vote ban him or let hm find his own rubbers. LOL J/K
                            wtf man u hijacked it with that post... i was just stating that i have the same problem..... besides u dont want them to ban me cuz u will have nobody to pick on :p

to the op: when i was adjusting my headlights after i put in the halos, i accidentally knocked loose some of the rubber against the bumper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X