Opinions: Details of my proposed Custom build, looking for high 12s NA - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions: Details of my proposed Custom build, looking for high 12s NA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions: Details of my proposed Custom build, looking for high 12s NA

True... well im lookin' into more options now that I've come into some extra money :) so if 12s are possible on that stock bottom end maybe this summer/fall I might see some low 12s or even high 11s (I might be pushin' my luck) if I go with the stroker kit, GT3 cam, ported&polished heads, 1.7:1 roller rockers, 130# springs, aluminum flywheel, some grippy clutch, G-force T5, alum. driveshaft and some 4.10s with some mild weight reduction (My car weighs 3380 lbs with me in it as-is, I'm 160lbs), battery relocation and whatever else comes to mind. How much did you pay for your custon headers?
    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

if you're talking weight reduction, battery relocation is not the thing you want to do....that requires long lengths of battery wire, which is heavy and expensive

Comment

Good point... Lighter battery might be the way to go. I wasn't really thinking about the weight of the thick cable or the battery box when I said that lol.

I'm thinking cam duration for the stroker... I want to keep LSA higher to keep my powerband smoother and less peaky but I also want to keep that duration nice and long to maximize the higher RPM power. Tricky with keeping enough vacuum to operate the power brakes, but I know the strokers produce more vacuum. Anyone think that a 240-250* duration would be pushing it in terms of streetability on a 10.5:1 compression ratio?

The desktop dyno says I can get 395hp@6500RPM and 356tq@5000RPM on my setup with 245/255* duration, .555/.555 lift on 115 LSA on my heads, bored .30 over on 3.75" stroke (unsure if thats exact but it got me a roughly 4.2L displacement. figures are still sloppy... on 3.4" stroke I get 394HP@7500RPM but im down to 332tq@5000rpm. In either case low end power isnt all lost either.
        Last edited by JohnnyC; 01-07-2007, 04:13 AM.
        \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

You would need to have a custom ground camshaft with roughly a .040 smaller base circle. I doubt seriously that you would regret the 4.2l displacement if you choose the C.O.M.E.kit...
          Last edited by ProStreet1; 01-16-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Definitely going that route, via www.3800stroked.com who is a vendor for the kit.

Any reason for the smaller base circle?

Comment

Any reason for the smaller base circle?[/QUOTE]

Yes...The reason is the stock camshaft configuration does not have enough clearance for the newly designed stroker rods. So with smaller base circle designed camshafts, the rods and cam now have adequate clearance.

Good Luck...

Comment

Good point, I definitely overlooked that. My best bet would be to contact swan racing and have them grind a cam for me I guess, when I order the kit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X