So what does everyone think of the 2010 Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does everyone think of the 2010 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does everyone think of the 2010 Camaro?

hey guys, so i just got back from the Chicago International Auto Show and was lucky enough to sit in a few new camaros including a Red SS and a Aqua Blue base model. Heres what i thought;

-both look kick *** no matter what color or engine/trim package you get
    -i liked the base model interior because it felt more like an older retro camaro without all the fancy gps screens and flashy futuristic chrome pieces
    -the manual has a fairly short throw and is decently smooth
    -Back seat is wayyyyyyy smaller than the fourth gen and third gens but still seats only two, regardless as if its a full backseat with no hump for the drive shaft
    - the steering wheel is a bit big but has a good grip to it
    the 1967 four gauges by the shifter on the floor thing is awesome
    -front seats were really comfortable
    -trunk was small but hey its a camaro
    -no ttop camaros will be made
    -official camaro production sale date is march 16th 2009
    -advice from talking to GM Camaro spokes people at the show, "hold on to your older fbodies no matter what engine, year color, etc!!!"
    -alot of people were interested in the fact that the base v6 has over 300hp, not a bad bargain for under $23,000

Overall a kickass car and would totally recommend that people go and check it out!:tup::tup::tup:

What did you guys all think about the new camaro
    Robby
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
    sigpic

Re: So what does everyone think of the 2010 Camaro?

I love it...and I also agree that you should keep your older F-bodies...they were ahead of there time, and I think that the value of the cars will go up in time, no matter what engine you have... They are a dying breed, and it is getting increasingly harder and harder to find one in good condition.

I love the gauges by the shifter, I think that is an awesome feature.

I can't wait to see them on the roads...only thing that kind of sucks is the fact that I just cammed mine, and I should be running on par with a new v6....that kinda makes me upset a little...but at the same time I am happy that we have 300hp in the new v6's, that is great for a base model at that price, and considering the quality you will be receiving....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I saw two the other day at the auto show here in Toronto. It truly is a beautiful car. I sat in one for about 5 minutes. Some of the dash panels and trim weren't up to production spec and was assured of that later on.

The rest of the interior is not as cheap and childish looking as it has come across in some photos and on other forums. No, it doesn't have the refinement of a German sedan, but the interior is still very attractive. I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the engine cover. It really looks like a run of the mill cover when I think they should have gone for something a little more aggressive...after all it is a muscle car. Perhaps something more revealing of the muscle underneathe would have been nice.

I sat in a Challenger which is far too similar to my '05 Dodge Magnum. You would expect that they would have changed the design a little after 4 years. I don't know how you can justify paying more for less innovation, less HP, less performance...some might argue it looks better, but when you take all things into account, Camaro is a better car regardless of your preference for style. I also saw the 2010 Mustang...it's not my thing and I still feel there's really no contest there.

Comment

I've never been a fan of engine covers on any vehicle...I dont like poping the hood and staring at plastic...I like to see the little monster Im dealing with.

Unfortunatly I missed the autoshow this year... but like I said, I cant wait till these things are on the road...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X