offcial camaro released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offcial camaro released

CarTribe has procured a few shots and the initial details of the production Chevrolet Camaro ahead of its official unveiling this Monday. According to their report, the Camaro will come in LS, LT and SS trim, equipped with either a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic. Of course, that doesn't account for the very-obviously-marked RS car that is shown in the official photos, so who knows what the whole story is.

Engine choices include either a 296 hp, 3.6-liter V6 or a 416 hp 6.2-liter V8 which will feature cylinder deactivation to boost fuel economy. Underneath the retro sheetmetal is a full independent suspension and StabiliTrak traction control system. Four-pot Brembo brakes are mounted up front on the SS variant, and the 3,700-pound coupe will reportedly have a weight balance of 52/48, front/rear. The neuvo-retro theme is carried inside with a gauge cluster inspired by the 1969 model, along with leather seats and blue LED lighting.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: offcial camaro released

The interior is really growing on me, but that thing is a fatty! I knew it would be heavy, I was guessing 3,800. I'm sure it will look better in person, but I do like it. Though I think I still prefer the 4th gen. And I'd hope they don't do the LS, LT nonsense. Z28 and RS have been around since the beginning, and need to remain.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
      The interior is really growing on me, but that thing is a fatty! I knew it would be heavy, I was guessing 3,800. I'm sure it will look better in person, but I do like it. Though I think I still prefer the 4th gen. And I'd hope they don't do the LS, LT nonsense. Z28 and RS have been around since the beginning, and need to remain.
      yea... x2 to all of that, haha... i thought it would be heavy too... but i don't like the 3,700 lbs... and they better not use LS and LT badging.., thats just retarded, but to the engines: the v6 sounds nice.... near 300hp in a v6 stock :), and the v8 sounds awesome, 416 hp? oh yea... too bad we can't stick the 5th gen v6's in ours... then we go v8 hunting :cool:

Comment

Time to start saving up. :drool:

Comment

Damnit. I need a job.

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6 View Post
            yea... x2 to all of that, haha... i thought it would be heavy too... but i don't like the 3,700 lbs... and they better not use LS and LT badging.., thats just retarded, but to the engines: the v6 sounds nice.... near 300hp in a v6 stock :), and the v8 sounds awesome, 416 hp? oh yea... too bad we can't stick the 5th gen v6's in ours... then we go v8 hunting :cool:
            I'm sure it'll be do able.

Comment

Originally posted by IICODECll View Post
              Damnit. I need a job.
              LOL!

Get two!

Thats what iam doing.

Comment

its got a schlotsky fin!!

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                  I'm sure it'll be do able.
                  its the HF 60* v6

so like the 3.4l, but 3.6l and dohc.

i dont think it fits under the cowl on a 4th gen.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
                    its the HF 60* v6

so like the 3.4l, but 3.6l and dohc.

i dont think it fits under the cowl on a 4th gen.
                    I don't know, You could make it work. I wonder what the weight ratio would be then. Like the 5thgen 52/48 I wonder ........

Comment

I still say the DI engine in a 4th gen can be done!! Someone give me a DI 3.6 and I'll do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                        I still say the DI engine in a 4th gen can be done!! Someone give me a DI 3.6 and I'll do it!!
                        need a new computer and trans too don't you? but yea... would def. be worth it

Comment

its sharp looking, bout the size of a mustang, but I dont like the guages.. everyone is going retro on the cars.

Course I said the same thing about the 98-02 front ends.. now Im upgrading.. lol

Its nice.
                          Archer
                          MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                          http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X