GM doesnt want to compete against itself my a$$ - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM doesnt want to compete against itself my a$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM doesnt want to compete against itself my a$$

ok, wtf. has anyone seen those G5's driving around yet? its a cobalt in pontiac trim! all thats changed is some fascia and interior panels... huh... correct me if i'm wrong... but doesnt that sound like how the firebird was??? everyone says GM doesnt want its brands to compete, well then WTF? the G5 and cobalt are the same, the solstice and sky are the same, why not a firebird?! :rant: my blood pressure has to be around 500 right now GRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: GM doesnt want to compete against itself my a$$

GM is making another stupid decision in only bringing back the Camaro. The Firebird has a ledgendary history, and they should introduce it alongside. As far as this retro concept, I have no clue where it's going to lead.

Comment

GM has been doing this for some time. Honestly, the TA is a turd other than the 98+ TA which was the only really appealing TA because of its looks.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

^^^ uh, oh... now you done did it ^^^ :eek:
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Re-badging has been going on forever. It has its pros and cons, but its nothing to be suprised at.

And Blldogg, Im afraid you may have opened Pandoras Box...........

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

I can't help that I think it was ugly as ****!

Comment

um, this is nothing new, camaro/firebird, sunfire/cavalier, silverado/sierra, s-10/sonoma,

ford does it too, crown vic/grand marquies/lincoln towncar, f150/mark LT....

i dont see why you are so surprised, all major car companies rebadge
              RedlineVSix

Comment

i'm not SURPRISED... i;m pissed that people were saying that they wont make the firebird cuz of competition b/w brands and i actually bought into it :rant:
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I guess he's suprized after GM said they weren't going to do that anymore... plus he's sad that the Fireturd won't be making a comeback ;)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Yep, only a 3800 whale of a komerow
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                      GM has been doing this for some time. Honestly, the TA is a turd other than the 98+ TA which was the only really appealing TA because of its looks.
                      give....me....a.....break

same could be said for your car. its a concord in disguise.

lt1 body style fbody > ls1 style.

if i ever buy a ls1 i will do a lt1 front end swap.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

ahhhhh, typical comero owner whinning/bytching.

I guess you should feel betrayed that chebby is a poor mans brand, and Pontiac was to Oakland what Plymouth was to Chrysler
                        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                        94 comero 3.4

Comment

I am a typical comero owner cause I am bored by factory camaro and turn off from the new camaro concept.

Typical chebby comero owner I am. :D

Comment

HAHA, if Chevy is a poor man's brand, is Pontiac a "rich man's" brand? Give me a break. What more do you get with an equivalent Pontiac? A few more base options? That just runs up the price...I wouldn't have an f-body if the Camaro didn't come very base. Who needs power windows and a bunch of steering wheel controls? My Malibu was optioned out compared to the 'Maro, but I would take the 'Maro over it any day.

BLLDOGG, you just had to do it. Now I have to argue. ;)

The 98+ TAs were nice, but most TAs and Firebirds were just rebadged Camaros. If you compare a Camaro and a Trans AM of equal price, you get the same thing. GM is making a smart move by ditching the re-badging crap with this new car.

I'm not trashing Firebirds, but they're no better than Camaros as you guys that claim Pontiac is the "luxury" brand would have everyone think.
                            Last edited by Camarorulz; 09-14-2006, 04:24 PM.
                            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

who said Poncho was a luxury brand?
                              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X