lenos twin turbo v6 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lenos twin turbo v6 camaro

saw jay lenos twin turbo camaro in the april edition of road and track today. 425 hp out of two turbonetrics t-3s, damn not bad. only one horsepower shy of the stock SS. heres the link to the story http://www.roadandtrack.com/special_..._camaro_page_3 and the gallery http://www.roadandtrack.com/special_...-play/gallery3
    Last edited by chris greene; 03-15-2010, 09:02 PM.
    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Re: lenos twin turbo v6 camaro

Is that 425 SAE or rwhp? Cause if its rwhp it will probably sodomize the crap out of the ss.

Comment

i'd certainly hope that's to the wheels --- running twins and only getting 120 extra to the crank over stock seems too modest, but the article is saying brake horses and equivalent power of the SS. crank that psi up over 7 and that thing could be a monster.
      Last edited by BallerMaro13; 03-15-2010, 11:28 PM.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

with 7 psi and twins, that thing should already be a monster. There are cars here that have gotten over 120 hp increase on just 7 lbs.

Comment

I think Leno was just proving a point to GM that it doesn't take a big V8 to put down some high horsepower. 7 PSI is modest I'm sure they could or have turned up the boost on them it doesn't say 7 PSI per turbo ot total, I'm guesing total since that would be about 140 HP 1LB of boost is most likely about 20 HP. Since 1 big single turbo by Linx put down 650 WRHP and several single turbo setups put down 450 WRHP, some at 10 PSI to 18 PSI(18 PSI was at 5200 DA). I still think our 3.8's are a better engine design for boost than the new Camaro V6 but we will see when someone puts some boost to one. Our 3.8's weigh alot less than the new Camaros and can be boosted to their WRHP with low boost so its a easy choice for me at least, esp. if I can get 400 WRHP out of my car and it weighs 2900lBS.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 03-18-2010, 01:17 AM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I think Leno was just proving a point to GM that it doesn't take a big V8 to put down some high horsepower. 7 PSI is modest I'm sure they could or have turned up the boost on them it doesn't say 7 PSI per turbo ot total, I'm guesing total since that would be about 140 HP 1LB of boost is most likely about 20 HP. Since 1 big single turbo by Linx put down 650 WRHP and several single turbo setups put down 450 WRHP, some at 10 PSI to 18 PSI(18 PSI was at 5200 DA). I still think our 3.8's are a better engine design for boost than the new Camaro V6 but we will see when someone puts some boost to one. Our 3.8's weigh alot less than the new Camaros and can be boosted to their WRHP with low boost so its a easy choice for me at least, esp. if I can get 400 WRHP out of my car and it weighs 2900lBS.
            Yeah, 7PSI isn't all that much, I bet they could do some beastly things with it. But I know what you mean about being lighter, it can definitely help.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              THe caddy engine is more design for NA, just like ours. But we know that the MAF can be a limiting factor for our cars and plus weak piston rings. On the caddy engine the compression ratio is too high to boost it anymore than 6psi. Ours on the other hand can take 12 intercooled boost without damaging the engine.
              -------------------------

BTW..I did see this car in person. I would've met the man himself if I had showed up earlier.
              Last edited by Mighty Thor; 03-18-2010, 04:12 AM.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

If there's one thing Leno knows it's cars. That is one bad Camaro ladies and gentlemen.
                Leonard
                www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                  THe caddy engine is more design for NA, just like ours. But we know that the MAF can be a limiting factor for our cars and plus weak piston rings. On the caddy engine the compression ratio is too high to boost it anymore than 6psi. Ours on the other hand can take 12 intercooled boost without damaging the engine.
                  -------------------------

BTW..I did see this car in person. I would've met the man himself if I had showed up earlier.
                  I agree once they start coming out with stonger internals for the caddy engine then I'm sure they will be up there with our 3.8's, but their are stock guys that have ran 20 PSi on their engines for along time without problems. I think it depends on the right turbo setup, like NO2EQUIP, running 10 PSI and dynoing 450 WRHP. I sure the caddy engine just needs to find the right sized turbo and it could run a single and get the power like our 3.8's. Jay did build a nice looking Camaro though, if it was black it would be alot better.LOL
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I need to check my door sticker, but a quick google search puts our 3.8L camaro at ~ 3300 lbs. How did you shave 400-500 lbs from yours?

EDIT, nevermind, I just read throught some threads in the drag racing section. Other than the aluminum DS I don't think there is much more I would do away with as this is my son's daily driver.
                    Last edited by jmbrooks; 03-19-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard 3.8L View Post
                      If there's one thing Leno knows it's cars. That is one bad Camaro ladies and gentlemen.
                      this i agree with, Leno went for the safest setup to show the potential of the v6 car. for the average driver, this would probably be the best balance of reliability and performance.
                      1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Comment

he did it on purpose he could have got alot more power out of that thing no problem but i bet he didnt change one stock part on that car and got that much power... imo it deff was made to prove a point oh and it is wheel hp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X