wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wtf?

i'd be curious to hear a cammed, full exhaust, and cutout in person and compare to the 3800II

my future 5th gen will be V8 or nothing though :D
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

There's a guy that works in my building that just bought one. I heard him start it up the other day and drive away, and I was really dissappointed. I know the 3800II doesn't have the best exhaust note, but it sounds way better than the new V6's. However, I'm also curious as to how a built 5th gen V6 would sound.

Comment

I saw one just the other day. the sales guy driving it punched it from a dead stop by where i work and i have to say i was disguted, that DI v6 motor sounds like a weed wacker. GM you could have done so much better, i would rather take another Series 2 than That nasty sounding DI motor, even though it makes 300hp.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

well its vvt motor so its gunna sound ricy and true duals on a vvt is not gunna sound good it dont sound good on our cars unless u get it PERFECT cause lisen to the magna flow v6 cat back that sounds good. vvt is the greastest thing on the planet but when they made it they were not going for tone. they were going for power and they found it

Comment

I'm sure with the right mods like headers , right tube size , mandrel bent tubing, muffler and tips, one could get it to sound great. Just have to find the right setup just like we all did with or 3.8 when we got them. And again someone might love the sound then theres always someone that will hate it, just the way of life.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

some of them actually sound pretty good, doesnt sound like a v8 of course but it sounds like a dam good v6
              http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                well its vvt motor so its gunna sound ricy and true duals on a vvt is not gunna sound good it dont sound good on our cars unless u get it PERFECT cause lisen to the magna flow v6 cat back that sounds good. vvt is the greastest thing on the planet but when they made it they were not going for tone. they were going for power and they found it
                thats horsecrap, nissan uses a similar motor and true duals and the 350z/g35/370/g37 sound awesome. gm cheaped out like mother****ers on it plain and simple, which is total bs when the price tag is 28k+.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                  ... when the price tag is 28k+.
                  There seems to be a misconception on the board about how much the car costs. A month ago you could get it for 23k, they recently raised the price so now the LS is about 24k. Crappy sounding exhaust or not the car is a steal at that price, imo. If you get a v6 for 28 or 30k you're not paying for a better exhaust, you're paying for rims, power seats, bluetooth functionality and other amenities.

And let's face it, a v6 will never sound like you want it to, so why pretend it's an 8? People should just be proud of what you have and stop trying to act like it has more cylinders than it actually does.
                  Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
                  New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

um, ive gone to several dealers around here, MINIMUM around here is 28k for a base 1lt.

nobody is saying it needs to sound like a v8, but compared to other v6s in its price range it sounds like garbage.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                      um, ive gone to several dealers around here, MINIMUM around here is 28k for a base 1lt.

nobody is saying it needs to sound like a v8, but compared to other v6s in its price range it sounds like garbage.
                      I agree. Here is an example from here by me, http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
                      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2010/camaro/build.do

Check out the msrp prices. Those don't include freight so add $850.
                        The trick is finding a dealer that won't mark them up on you and they are out there, they just may not be the one up the street from you.

The ones on sites like cars.com or ebay are bound to be marked up. These cars are still a hot commodity and aren't sitting on lots for long. The dealers selling at msrp don't have to post classifieds ads on these sites because the customer will find them. The dealers posting ads are the ones trying to make a few extra grand for themselves.
                        Last edited by xcdarrel17; 10-06-2009, 02:30 PM.
                        Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
                        New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

put it this way, i checked every lot within 25 miles of my house lol.

Follow me!
                          Or this

Comment

my local lot is knows around the nation for lowest gm prices i will check while i am out tomorrow there
                            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                            1991 3000GT VR4
                            2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I think I will go down Fri. and see if I can drive a New Camaro V6 or SS, maybe a Corvette I swa they had , they are 2 miles from my house and I know the Director pretty well to test drive vehicles, last time it was Meatyshells and I in a HHR SS turbo which was fun.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

for the price of a 28k v6 i would buy a g8 with the v8.
                                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X