first time running the camaro. advice welcome. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time running the camaro. advice welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time running the camaro. advice welcome.

hey guys i went to the track last sunday and ran about 8 times. my best time was a 10.30. the problem is that after hitting that time which was my first run i seemed to not get close to it again. the rest of the times were around 10.5XX and 10.7XX. now we went straight to the line to run the car after about a 30-40 minute drive to get there. i didnt pay any attention to what rpm's i launched at. i just gunned it. the rest of the time at the track i stayed around 2000 rpm's when launching. i wanted to know what some other 3.8 with simmular mods to mine launched at. and maybe some advice as to what can help.

mods:
    msd wires
    msd coils
    GM professional plugs
    silencer deleted
    free ram air mod
    removed fins from airbox and smoothed out
    K&N filer
    Hurst short throw shifter
    magnaflow catback
    magnaflow high flow cat

edit: i didnt get any slips because i didnt know you had to put a number on your car to get one.

Re: first time running the camaro. advice welcome.

At first I thought you were talking 1/4 mile until I saw your list of mods. Tire and track temps will effect your launch quite a bit. Under hood temps should not really affect you since you have the ram air. I have posi w/ 285/35r18's and I tried a launch at about 3200 rpms and seemed to spin alot through 1st and 2nd. The following run I left at 1500 rpms and seemed to dead hook a little bit, Looking at the time slips both runs matched within a tenth of a second throughout the quarter mile except I was going about 3 mph faster on the run that I spun on. I think I may have let off early on the second run.

Comment

any idea on what your 60' times were? do you have a posi?

Comment

if you could say what your slip said, 60 ft, 660 ft, r/t, and all that we could help you better.

im running an automatic, 3.42 w lsd, and stock i ran a 9.95.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
          if you could say what your slip said, 60 ft, 660 ft, r/t, and all that we could help you better.

im running an automatic, 3.42 w lsd, and stock i ran a 9.95.

He has told you his 660'. Do the math, 1/2 X 1320=?
          sigpic

Comment

i didnt get any slips because at this one you have to put a number on your car to get a slip and i didnt know that. next time i go im going to be putting a number on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bob8703 View Post
              i didnt get any slips because at this one you have to put a number on your car to get a slip and i didnt know that. next time i go im going to be putting a number on mine.

The track usually puts the number on your car when you go through tech.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                The track usually puts the number on your car when you go through tech.
                not this place. you pay 7 bucks and run you car as long as you want. im going to look more into their process and see what needs to be done.

i had a guy that was at the drag strip tell me that if ran it without lifting the gas i would have run a better time. now ive heard that that will put a lot of wear on you clutch and put more strain on your drivetrain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X