Headed out to Norwalk tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed out to Norwalk tomorrow

I will finally be setting some times with my build as it is so far. I'm at about 7psi which is not the 11psi that I really want, nor do I have a lsd, and along with the 3.08 gears, I know I won't be hitting my goals but it's a halfway point. I finally have some nice tires to hold the power it's putting out and everything looked great on the last scan I made. Good oil pressure, absolutely 0 KR and the AFR was dead on under WOT.

I'm so nervous. It's everything I've put into this car, the time, the work, and all the money. I've got to be in the 13s or i'll be disappointed. Last time I went with a horrible tune, ****ty tires, and a failing fuel pump, I ran a mid 14.

I'll have some shaky hand vids, courtesy of my girl friend, for you all to see. Wish me luck, and no rain.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Headed out to Norwalk tomorrow

good luck man, hope everything goes well and your car comes home in one piece

Comment

Good luck. I feel your pain with 3.08's. :(

Comment

I was at Norwalk a few weekends ago for the Pontiac Nationals, nice track!

Just remember you don't even need to come out hard to run a good time. I've seen turbo cars leave with a 15 second 60 foot and run 9's!

Just come out easy and mash it once your in second gear.
        sigpic

Comment

hey good luck man, i was just at Norwalk this wednesday for Hot Nights and i ran my camaro in the stock bracket. i ran a 15.9 at 85.85 mph, that was my best run for a basically stock maro.

Comment

Just remember with 3.08's don't get disappointed if you don't hit 13's, a LSD and like 3.23's or 3.42's would make a big difference loading the turbo and keeping traction all the way down the track. Good luck, you should at least run better than you did last time even if it is like low 14's that would be good on 7 PSI and no gears or LSD. Good luck
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Good luck!
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Sooo my first run I pulled a 14.4. I was gettin a little down from it because I totally thought I would do a lot better than the first time I ran that car down the track. Next run I went 14.3, then I went 14.2 Then I hit a 14.04. I had a full tank of gas minus the 60 miles or whatever distance it was so my weight kept dropping and dropping. When I ran the 14.04 I knew I'd make 13's. Leaned out my trims a tiny tiny bit, upped the spark tables by a degree. Finally broke 100mph and ran a 13.97 that was in the first elimination round that I won too. So I got to do it again and ran a 13.92 at 100mph again. However, I was dialed in at 13.93 so my night was over. I was also weighing in at 3500ish so the car is f'n fat.

I've got complete time slips and videos that I'm gonna post up tomorrow when I get some time. Crappy shaky hand vids as I previously promised.

Oh and I drove all the way back after 6 runs down the track with a decent burnout and I still have over half a tank of gas. That's incredibly better than what my 02 gets.

I also talked to a guy who has an 02 whom claims he gets 35mpg and runs 14.8s after the SLP free ram air mod and exhaust work. I think he said he had 3.42 gears though. He wouldn't have any reason to lie about it, he has like 50 cars, one of which was a 04 GTO that was running high 12s that night. Real nice guy too.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

how much boost? and i forgot is your engine stock? or do you have cam/heads/ etc.

Comment

Around 7psi after the intercooler. I only have a couple small engine mods, 1.7 rockers, 105 comp valve springs, and a double roller. Cam, heads, and +3 to 4psi are coming within a year I hope.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

what kind of numbers were you hoping for?

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                        what kind of numbers were you hoping for?
                        Exactly what I got.

My two best runs.

Dial..... -13.93---------13.93
                        R/T..... -.196----------.120
                        60'..... -2.179---------2.200
                        330.... -5.949---------5.989
                        1/8..... -9.007---------9.057
                        MPH.... -80.63---------80.03
                        1000...-11.673--------11.728
                        1/4..... -13.923-------13.979
                        MPH.... -100.71 -------100.81

TEAM C6V6

Comment

not bad, still alot left on the table too.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                            not bad, still alot left on the table too.
                            Heck yes, I'm very happy with where I'm at with all that I've done so far. Gears and LSD are next. Then more power with cam and heads hopefully over the winter when I won't be driving the car. I need more funds though..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

The only decent vids I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZ92d-YKNw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1riv8fDKtg

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X