personal best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal best

Just got back from the race track...got a couple new personal bests....

R/T..... .103
    60'...... 1.946 (<PB)
    330'.... 5.839
    1/8..... 9.115
    MPH.... 74.94
    1000'.... .000 (broken I guess)
    1/4 .... 14.380 (<PB)
    MPH.... 93.45

I beat up on a 5.0 which felt pretty good...and I beat a S4 audi...which was also felt pretty good...

Got mopped up by a 335 twin turbo beamer....and a twin turbo civic beat me to...but it wasn't by much...I'd say maybe 6-8 cars....considering he was TT...

Had about a 1/4 tank of gas...was premium, but I was tuned for 89 octane. Didn't have my laptop with me cause I lent it out, so I couldn't record any runs with hp tuners...

Trunk full of equiptment for work...I have ATLEAST 100lbs worth of stuff I can take out of the car very easily...plus I need better tires so I can launch properly with the stall...13's are getting closer...:D

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: personal best

Nice time, 1.9 is getting great on the 60 ft. , hows the tuning going? Whats your DA?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

tuning isn't bad...like I said though, I couldn't record what was going on cause I didn't have the laptop...I know I could add more timing still as I was doing my tune based on 89 octane...but I through in 91 octane for the track just to be safe since I had no means of detecting any knock...I know I can still add some more timing...that torque arm definetly helped with my 60's...I was running consistent 2.0-2.1 for the rest of the night...

I'll calculate the DA when I get home from work today...it was probably close to sealevel...It was cool and not humid...very nice out...

Comment

Damm close to sea level DA must be nice, should be able yo put down some more kick @ss times. I'm about 1200-1300 and up most of the year winter DEC/Jan might see a 400-600 DA in the morning or late night. Did you get a adjustable Tq arm?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

no it was just the edelbrock non adjustable tq arm with poly mount...I believe they are already preset at -2 degrees?

Anyways Im a dumba**...My best run I had about 26-27psi in the tires (my first run) then I was like...oh I got a 1.9xx 60ft...lets take out more air and launch a little higher...needless to say I never got a better 60' or 1/4 time after that...so I think my sweet spot is around 26-27 psi...

Comment

So heres the calculations...

Density Altitude: 1217 feet
            Relative Density: 96.49 %

Comment

Thats good then for your DA.

Comment

corrections show it to be a 14.1 run at sea level...

Comment

What are your mods again?

Congrats.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Thanks,

Full bolt on (stock cat and S pipe though) ARH cam, 3.90 gears, 3200 stall, kyb adj. shocks, LCA relocation brackets, 32mm hollow front sway bar, aluminum d/s, hp tuners, edelbrock t/a. Poly trans and tq arm mount...

I still have the stock thermostat in there to...I just swapped to a drilled 160 yesterday...makes a huge difference...the car doesn't get heat soaked anymore. I could probably improve those times just because I was running those times with the temp guage between the 1/4 and halfway mark...the new thermostat keeps the temps below the 1/4 mark...

I get some drag radials this sunday as well, so I should begin seeing 13's all day long now...

Comment

That's pretty awesome that you did a low 14 sec. for the mods you have.

What kind of weight reduction did you do?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                        That's pretty awesome that you did a low 14 sec. for the mods you have.

What kind of weight reduction did you do?
                        nothing...I had my work gear/tools in the trunk...1/4 of a tank of gas...I have the car tuned for 89 octane at the moment, but I was running 91 octane since I didnt have the laptop with me and I couldn't monitor the runs for knock...just wanted to play it safe...

I do have my a/c deleted and my spare and jack gone though...I can still pull another 100-150lbs from the car just from basic stuff (stuff I would put back in after the track)...I got my amp and sub still in there lol...

Low 14's is ok...it was on street tires...I'm grabbing some prostars and slicks off of a local guy sunday...so hopefully when I get back from the track wednesday night I'll have a post about breaking 13's:D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X