Going to the track friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the track friday

Im taking my camaro out to the track for the first time on friday. Its a heads up street racing style event at Gateway International in St. louis, from what i hear there are no detailed time slips just et. and mph. I have full bolt-ons 1.9 rockers, a 100 shot and drag radials. I hoping to be well into the 13's. Just thought i would share my excitement with everybody. Anyone want to take a guess at what i will run? You can paypal me your bets LOL!

Re: Going to the track friday

m5 or A4? I think 13's is a good guess...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

M5 stock 3.23's and it is a y87 car. Minor suspension mods, poly lca and panhard bushings. I also got a line lock installed this week. I will post pics of that in a different thread (my father-in-law did a hell of a job he resused the stock brake line)

this is a full weight car. only weight redux was the spare and jack but now i have a nitrous bottle there :p

Comment

Good luck, don't blow anything up.LOL
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Good luck, don't blow anything up.LOL
          LOL thanks i really want to trailer it there its a tad over an hour away but i think im going to take my chances and have the truck and trailer on standby

Comment

DAMNIT! if i wasn't going out of town, i would be there too. oh well. guess i'll wait for the next one :(

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
              DAMNIT! if i wasn't going out of town, i would be there too. oh well. guess i'll wait for the next one :(
              and what is so important out of town that you feel the need to skip out on midnight madness??? LOL jk. if this one goes well i will be at the next (with 4.10s :rock:) and it would be cool to meet some other STL v6 guys.

Comment

yeah for sure..although i heard there will be a TON of people there..like there always is..although i've never been. but yeah, i have to get to the track anyway, there's a first time for everything :)

Comment

100 shot...I'm guessing 13.3

You better post your result. I'll be looking forward to it on Friday to see if I'm right.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

good luck man, im bringing mine to the track in a few weeks with my local car club, should be pretty fun, let us know what you end up running

Robby
                    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                    sigpic

Comment

13.8/13.9 .
                      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

well i didn't end up going last night because it started to rain here in Missouri and i was not about to take my car out in the rain let alone with slicks. I rescheduled my track visit for July 14 test and tune.i plan on emptying a bottle and getting some good times. i will keep everyone updated

Comment

I say 13.5ish

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X