LETZRIDE's track progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LETZRIDE's track progress

Mods: full bolt on, abbott racing N/A cam, custom 3200 stall, 3.90 gears/lsd, my tune, and some suspension goodies...

first run was a complete diaster...17.xx with a 2.7 60'

Best run of the day was this one...

60'...2.016
    330... 5.884
    1/8...9.157
    MPH... 74.81
    1000... 12.016
    1/4... 14.441
    MPH... 93.10

EDIT: DA was 319...so the air was pretty damn good...

On a side note...everyone was running like sh*t today... no one could hook up and it was pretty cold out...12C. I'm gunna try and figure out the D/A when I get back in a few hours and post up what it was...most of the day I was running 15's with 2.5 60's

I can't even believe I cut a 2.0 on this last run...it was a crappy launch to. It even spun...All the 15 second time slips were because I would roll off the line until 20km/h then hit the throttle hard and still spin it...

One thing I am kinda rattled about is my trap speed...Does anyone know why it is so low? I see guys with a similar setup to me have trapped anywhere between 97-99mph...why am I trapping 93mph? and I consistently trapped 93 mph on pretty much every single run...I had about 8-9 runs today...
    Last edited by LETZRIDE; 05-10-2009, 08:58 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: LETZRIDE's track progress

14.4 in a V6 is good, I watch L98's barely do that at Cayuga :)

Comment

Nice run, No weight reduction? I think you rMPH is lower because your pedaling until you get traction then when you do you make up for it on the top end. Just a guess. Nice time though. Any KR on the run, what was your A/F and timing?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

when I get a chance I'll send you my scan from my fastest track time steve...what was funny about it was I actually got 2 degrees of knock on my WOT spark timing table on that run...all other runs I had no knock at WOT...

I'm happy I got the 14.4 given the fact that I had no weight redux done (other then spare and jack which are always out) didnt touch the shocks to change the settings, 89 octane gas, was cold out and no one was hooking up today, AND the cars not fully tuned yet lol....so I know I can improve...but the 93mph bugs me...I just feel its too low a trap speed....

14.4 in a V6 is good, I watch L98's barely do that at Cayuga
        Given my mods I dont think it's great...but then again I really question the track prep at cayuga. I mean, I practiced a couple launches on the back country roads at a friends cottage with no one around and I hooked a hell of a lot better then at the race track...I'd lay 10-15ft of rubber and take off no problem...at the track I'd go to launch and I would over rev...I hit 6600rpm at one point....I think maybe the stuff they use on the strip is good for slicks but sh*tty for street tires...

Comment

I'll take a look at it, I would use the highest gas you can at the track. Could of been on that run it was heated up and got some KR. I just run mine at 26-27 degrees timing at WOT. I have never tried to push it more than that to see where it would get KR since it runs good at that timing, I figured why push it since I can run it in summer and winter and not have to worry about KR. Here in AZ at the pump is 91 but there are places that sell 100, 104 and 110 but it is $5-$7 a gallon.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I got to pull the scan off the laptop and send it to you...I was running between 27-29 degrees...I did it on 89 because I want to get my tune all done with the regular gas...once thats done I'll dump the good ol 110 in there and have some real fun lol...

Comment

Auto's have lower trap speeds then sticks. Adding a stall to an auto kills more of the trap speed because it slips in 3rd gear more then the stock stall. Locking the stall in 3rd at FT will bring your trap speed up, but it will kill the converter clutch.
              sigpic

Comment

I have a question for you.

Do you stay on the throttle for about 50-75 feet past the stripe?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                  Auto's have lower trap speeds then sticks. Adding a stall to an auto kills more of the trap speed because it slips in 3rd gear more then the stock stall. Locking the stall in 3rd at FT will bring your trap speed up, but it will kill the converter clutch.
                  should it really be as low as 93 though? I thought atleast 95-97 with auto...the guys with stick are trapping 99.

Before the cam and stall I trapped a best of 90.5...thats why I feel it is low...

I have a question for you.

Do you stay on the throttle for about 50-75 feet past the stripe?
                  Yea, I usually let it go to 167-170k before I shut down...kind of an extra adrenaline rush...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    should it really be as low as 93 though? I thought atleast 95-97 with auto...the guys with stick are trapping 99.

Before the cam and stall I trapped a best of 90.5...thats why I feel it is low...

Yea, I usually let it go to 167-170k before I shut down...kind of an extra adrenaline rush...
                    Just checking as some guys shutdown right after the stripe and the speed trap is after the 1320 ft stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

I ran 90.3 at 14.96. The guy just ahead of you on the timeslips page MPH matches yours with almost the same ET.

My trap RPM with the converter unlocked is almost 500 RPM higher then running in 3rd gear at 90MPH with the converter locked.
                      sigpic

Comment

I see...I was just hoping for some low low 14 second passes on street tires, and dipping into 13's with some nice radials...don't know if I can achieve that with these traps though...

Comment

Trap speeds really don't mean that much. You can't always turn big trap speed into ET. You can also see a difference in trap speed by moving your shift points.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                            Trap speeds really don't mean that much. You can't always turn big trap speed into ET. You can also see a difference in trap speed by moving your shift points.
                            moving them which way? I have them set at 6300rpm right now for all gears...

Comment

I would try shifting lower next time your at the track, After making a pass with the setting as they are.
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X