Nitrous saftey question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous saftey question

I'm heading out to Gateway International raceway in St. Louis this Friday night for the first time to get some times with my car. I have a question about nitrous safety blow down tubes. Is it NHRA legal to have a rubber hose clamped to your blow down tube to directed it out of the passenger compartment if it will not reach? Any help/ words of advise would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Nitrous saftey question

Where is the bottle located?

I dont think that a rubber hose will suffice, but I could be wrong.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

my bottle is mounted the spare tire compartment. I have a NX blow down tube but the end of it doesn't reach to anywhere where i could drill a hole and have it go outside. so my thoughts are extend it with a rubber hose

Comment

Originally posted by screamin 99 View Post
        my bottle is mounted the spare tire compartment.
        Then I wouldnt worry about it. Its within a safe distance of the driver and not in the actual cabin of the car.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I have high psi tubing that I got from the hardware store for both of my blowdown tubes. Was fine last time I was at the track, but it is also rated at higher psi which might make it alright
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

There is a rubber piece that pops out in the spare tire area, thats where my blowdown tube went out. it just pops out. Or you can slice it and put the tube through it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The rubber hose should work fine, but I doubt it's NHRA legal per the rulebook. A super high pressure hose isn't really necessary because in the event of a disc burst, there won't be a whole lot of pressure in the hose, since it's all going out. Yes it will build pressure, but with the minimal resistance in the hose, the gas will go out before it builds much pressure. With that said, if the rubber hose has any tight bends in it, it will probably freeze and break with nitrous running through it.

Anyway, I've found that the best way to route a NHRA legal blowdown tube is to run a 10AN braided line from the bottle to a bulkhead fitting going out of the car. The hose is flexible and easy to work with, unlike the fixed metal tubes.
              -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Anyway, I've found that the best way to route a NHRA legal blowdown tube is to run a 10AN braided line from the bottle to a bulkhead fitting going out of the car. The hose is flexible and easy to work with, unlike the fixed metal tubes.
                Ok thanks for the info, however, do you think i will be able to get by with a rubber hose for this weekend? I have never been to a track to race and i don't know how cloesly they look at this stuff if they even do at all. i jsut dont want to go and have it be a let down if i cant use my spray.

Comment

I went to norwalk a lot a couple of summers ago. They never asked a single question.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

woah someone close to me?!?! im going to gateway on tuesday i think to see what mine can do. im hoping for a 14.0 but....idk something doesnt feel right to me
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
                      woah someone close to me?!?! im going to gateway on tuesday i think to see what mine can do. im hoping for a 14.0 but....idk something doesnt feel right to me
                      well i can't get the rupture disc from the speed shop i go through for the blow down so i wont be at this midnight madness. i will most likely hit up next months though and i should have 4.10s ,drag radials and 100hp shot. if that doest put me some where in the 13's i quit... but firebiddrvr you should go to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        This is how alot of my friends do it, and is how I plan on doing mine. A few of them are running <10sec in the 1/4, so I don't think you'll have any problems.
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X