Stock 1/4 mile time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock 1/4 mile time

im racing my buddies 03 grand am gt 3400 and i want to know what you guys think.

His 03 Grand Am has: CAI, Reprogrammed PCM, 8m taylor wires, 17inch rims 7.5 wide, ported and polished upper intake, and throttle body, and a flowmaster muffler (not a cat back just the muffler)

My 2002 firebird has, A magnaflow cat back, hypertech power programmer, MSD ignition, and i have 10 1/2 inch wide zo6 rims with dunlop sp sport 5000 tires.

I'm hoping to get a whisper lid by the time i go. also i found an aluminum drive shaft. I'm hoping to be high 14's (if possible)

what do you guys think and who do you think will win?
    Also what is the stock 1/4 mile time for an 02 firebird... the grand am is 15.9

Re: Stock 1/4 mile time

Originally posted by cubsfanman3 View Post
    im racing my buddies 03 grand am gt 3400 and i want to know what you guys think.

His 03 Grand Am has: CAI, Reprogrammed PCM, 8m taylor wires, 17inch rims 7.5 wide, ported and polished upper intake, and throttle body, and a flowmaster muffler (not a cat back just the muffler)

My 2002 firebird has, A magnaflow cat back, hypertech power programmer, MSD ignition, and i have 10 1/2 inch wide zo6 rims with dunlop sp sport 5000 tires.

I'm hoping to get a whisper lid by the time i go. also i found an aluminum drive shaft. I'm hoping to be high 14's (if possible)

what do you guys think and who do you think will win?
    Also what is the stock 1/4 mile time for an 02 firebird... the grand am is 15.9
    front wheel got better traction,i think he will rape you like an angry gorilla..

Comment

his best time he ever ran was a 15.9 with all of the mods xcept the ported and polished intake and throttle body. i dont think he will rape me at all cuz i beat him on the street from rolls and off the line

Comment

15.9? hes doing something wrong.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfanman3 View Post
          his best time he ever ran was a 15.9 with all of the mods xcept the ported and polished intake and throttle body. i dont think he will rape me at all cuz i beat him on the street from rolls and off the line
          so??? why you ask if you know the answer,,his head flows good as stock already ,so, i dont think p&p helped that much..you win!!!!!! happy?????

Comment

Get rid of the power programmer. It's crap. I had almost the exact same setup in my 02 camaro. Didn't run anything lower than a 15.5 It was with a 2 piece driveshaft but I really doubt a driveshaft is gonna shave a 1/2 second.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

those rims are gonna kill your time..
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

how are the rims gonna hurt me. wont i get more traction? and how can i get into the 14's?

Comment

Larger rims are heavier

TEAM C6V6

Comment

with my stock rims i would just sit there roasting them when i punched it... these ones i sqeek and go!

Comment

also sometimes traction is bad there is a such thing as too much traction then you will bog and be slower off the line
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4
                      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

idk cuz my other buddy has a gtp and now i can keep up with him off the line much easier than i used to be able too.

Comment

a gtp? like what year? i drove a gxp on the lot the other day and that mother is fast.
                          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

its a 98 gtp and he ran a 15 flat and i stay about 1 length behind him when we race. he just gets me off the line.

Comment

this isnt the drag racing section now is it?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X