Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drag radials?

Hey,

I dont know much about drag radials, or slicks...but there is a guy local to me selling these tires for really cheap used...I was thinking of buying them and sticking them on my winter rims to tie me over this year at the track...

anyone know if this kind of radial is ok for drag racing? or will this hurt me?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ireModel=R3S03

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: drag radials?

That looks like a slick, but I guess you could try it, M.T. has drag radial has a that is great for street and track it is M.T DR instead of their ET street series.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It is an autocross tire. Not a drag radial. It may not hook any better than what you have now.
      sigpic

Comment

Hoosier R3S03

The Hoosier R3S03 & A3S03 radials are Hoosier's latest generation of DOT legal competition tires. The R3S03 (Racing) tire features a tread compound suitable for track & road racing applications, while the A3S03 (Autocross) tire features a tread compound tuned for autocross competition. The Hoosier R3S03 & A3S03 are the lightest of the DOT legal competition tires

The A3SO3 is autocross tire, while the R3S03 is drag radial sice it has the 2 grooves in it to make it DOT legal. Here is some info for ya.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Hoosier R3S03

The R3S03 (Racing) tire features a tread compound suitable for track & road racing applications
          Tires don't work for both drag and road racing. Drag tire have a soft sidewall, road racing tires have a stiff side wall. Where does it say drag racing in the description?
          sigpic

Comment

The R3S03 (Racing) tire features a tread compound suitable for track & road racing applications, while the A3S03 (Autocross) tire features a tread compound tuned for autocross competition.

I would think "track"and "racing tire" would be drag racing setup, or racing tire. The M.T. E.T. Streets have 2 grooves to make them DOT legal rather than a all out slick too. But I wouldn't drive a tire like that on the street esp. in the rain you would have no tracion. For the track a MT Drag Radial would be good enough for traction.

Comment

Your forgetting not everyone drag races. Tires intended for drag racing, tend to say they are for drag racing and not just track or racing tire. I would go with something with more tread because just going through a puddle with those would give you problems.
              sigpic

Comment

The OP is wanting something for drag racing it's in his first post, MT Drag radials would be nice if they are only put on and driven to the track then switched back to reg. tires which is the best option. Or you could get Nittos and use them as a DD but would wear out quicker than a reg. tire. Best bet OP is to get another set of rims and put some MT DR's on them for track use only. The ones you posted I wouldn't use.

Comment

yea thats all I wanted to know...someone was selling those tires for cheap around here, and if it would help on the track I wanted to pick em up just to tie me over until next season when I can get my hands on some 15" rims and radials...but if they arent going to do much, Im not going to bother wasting my time...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X