Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

I have been reading tire reviews for hours. What I am looking for is a street tire that will provide lots of wet & dry grip on a road course or even autox course.

I am looking to mount the tires on 17 & 18" C6 rims using standard corvette tire sizes - 245/45-17 (Front), 275/40-18 (Rear).

The Eagle F1 supercar tire gets the best reviews; however, they do not come in these sizes. Then the debate ensues - there are several options primary potenza RE050 pole position, pilot sport ps2, and Eagle F1 GS-D3. All three get incredible ratings with the PS2 being slightly higher than the F1. Price wise, the potenzas and eagles are within $20 of each other. The PS2's are $50 more.

I doubt I will drive good enough to discern the difference in these tires. So I was thinking of the F1 since they are very close to the PS2 in rating, but $50 cheaper.

Opinions?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Re: Tires

I was looking into getting a taller tire. I think my next set of tires will be 275/45/17 instead of 275/40/17 just to have more side wall and also raise the car up alittle more, I think I read it is like a 1/2" to a 1" in height. The eagles are going to be expensive, I would like to find a another brand that carries them. I don't auto X but I like the idea of more tire. What brands of tires have the 275/45/17? I think I saw some 285/45/17 which would also fit a 17 X 9.5 rim. I might look into that also for all 4 corners. You have any prices on the 275/45/17's? Thanks
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I went with the GS-D3 's. 245/40r17 front and 285/35r18 rear. At the time it was a lot cheaper in these sizes than the stock corvette sizes on tirerack. These tires are by far the best set I have ever ran. I considered the supercar tire, but the wet traction rating stunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I was looking into getting a taller tire. I think my next set of tires will be 275/45/17 instead of 275/40/17 just to have more side wall and also raise the car up alittle more, I think I read it is like a 1/2" to a 1" in height. The eagles are going to be expensive, I would like to find a another brand that carries them. I don't auto X but I like the idea of more tire. What brands of tires have the 275/45/17? I think I saw some 285/45/17 which would also fit a 17 X 9.5 rim. I might look into that also for all 4 corners. You have any prices on the 275/45/17's? Thanks
        Search by tire size on tirerack. The will list any tires of a size. I don't think they have 275/25-17 though.

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
        I went with the GS-D3 's. 245/40r17 front and 285/35r18 rear. At the time it was a lot cheaper in these sizes than the stock corvette sizes on tirerack. These tires are by far the best set I have ever ran. I considered the supercar tire, but the wet traction rating stunk.
        The GS-D3 are pretty expensive, but cheaper than some. I was looking into Direzzas (a very popular autox) tire, but they do not come any wider than 255 on a 17" rim.

I have altered my thinking from above. Right now, I am now going 17x9.5 all around with 275/40-17 GS-D3. Subject to change. :)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X