Went to the track for the first time 3.4L v6 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to the track for the first time 3.4L v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the track for the first time 3.4L v6

Well I went to the drag strip for my first time this weekend. I had a good time. Didn't run any amazing times, but I was just glad to run the 1/8th in less then 11sec. This was my best run of the day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNLMipEfbRI
    60ft - 2.3360
    330ft - 6.9438
    594ft - 10.1109
    1/8th - 10.8191 at 63.54mph

This was with a fully loaded interior, spare tire, jack, sound system, and a 300lb driver. I never got this car for racing, but I do have a blast laying into the peddle every once in a while. I ran consistent 10.8 all day. 4 out of my 5 runs were within 2 hundredths of a second. I would probably do well in bracket racing. I think I will try removing the spare tire, jack, my 2 12's subs and box next time I go. Hopefully it will be enough to get me into the 10.6's or lower. I can't really do too much right now about my 300lbs, but I will take care of that later. LOL What do you think?

Re: Went to the track for the first time 3.4L v6

i think you need to come to mobile and throw down at irvington. where do you race at?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Holt, Florida
      Emerald Coast Dragway

Comment

is it a true 1/8 mile track?
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yes
          http://www.emeraldcoastdragway.com/

Comment

what mods u got? gimme a quicky list

Comment

I havent been to Holt since last January. Thats a fun track, I've been there many, many times :)
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado
              2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                what mods u got? gimme a quicky list
                Homemade K and N CAI
                P and P Throttle Body
                Flowmaster 80 series muffler.

That's all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  5 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X