How do you guys and girls race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys and girls race?

Mostly test-n-tune, bracket race, heads-up? the 68 firebird is mine and the 71 camaro is my wifes. We bracket race, just because we can. Houston area. :rock::cool::):slap:

www.cambirdracing.com

Re: How do you guys and girls race?

test n tune...dont know how to get into a bracket race, and dont really know how it works...I just like jammin the throttle and going fast lol...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      test n tune...dont know how to get into a bracket race, and dont really know how it works...I just like jammin the throttle and going fast lol...
      Bracket racing is very cool thing to do. You don't have to be the fastest, just consistence. the way we do it is take a few time trial laps, average it out and shoe polish the # on your window. Line up, cut a good light and don't break out. Depending if your local track has a bracket program, IHRA or NHRA, they take the top 50 racers from the track to the divsion bracket finals. ON the NHRA side, if you win your class at the finals you get to go to Pomona to race for the national championship. On the IHRA side, you call IHRA and sign up for the Summit Super Series and race all the track champs at the finals for a trip to North Carolina. Two years ago (07), Houston Raceway park (that's my home track) sent the no-electronics division cahmp out there and he won the national championship. Last year we sent the super pro division cahmp out there and he won the national championship. Check with your local track to see which association they run and how to sign up for the bracket program. It's very fun and not very expensive. The best part is ifyou go rounds at a bracket race, you can come home with more money than you started the night with. Why run your car down the track without some reward besides seeing how fast it will go.

Comment

true...I was running 15's last year though...there must be some sort of cut-off as to how fast you are, or you need slicks or radials or something in order to do it...lol I am just racing on street tires here. I should be running 14's no problem this year with the cam, but I will still be on street tires...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Try this out.

http://nhra.com/basics/index.html

Comment

I'm actually heading out to bracket race tomorrow :). Orlando Speed World does it every Sat (IIRC); $20 to run, 1st round buy-back-in for $20, and winner at the end of the night gets like $100 or something.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

test-n-tune/grudge match racing at my local track. plus they have events like import shootout (i got second once in my bug) and truck racing.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

every wedensday night we have king of the hill bracket racing.

bracket racing is easy all you have to do is be consistent. i have watched as 8 second cars lose to 18 second cars. run a few times and put your best time on the window. if you go even .01 over your dial in time then you break out and lose. where i race at you pay $20 you get to test and tune until 7-8:00 then eliminations start.
                96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

test n tune mostly.

id love to bracket race but i feel stupid anough taking my only car to the track as it is.
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser View Post
                    test n tune mostly.

id love to bracket race but i feel stupid anough taking my only car to the track as it is.

Never feel stupid. I have had to race my C4500 Kodiak before when my racecar was broke. It weighs 11,000 lbs and runs 17.20's at 75mph.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X