Nitrous 1/4 passes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous 1/4 passes?

Sooo all you nitrous guys...What kind of numbers are you running at the strip?

Please list mods too if you can and what size shot you are running.

Just curious because my engine almost out and I do plan on spraying the motor so I was wondering what yo guys are running at the track. If I could spray the stock motor into the high 12s or low low 13s that would be a good start. Really mid 12s would be my main goal then tear the motor back down again to go faster...

thanks guys
    99 Z28 M6...91 Z28 A4...84 Z28 A4

Re: Nitrous 1/4 passes?

stock motor might hit 13's. Unless you do a big ***, multi-stage shot, I wouldn't look for anything great then low 14-high 13's
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

12.0 @ 112, J/K , I haven't been yet , seems like there is always something going on with my car. Can't complain too much, it is 13 years old. But my setup will be a 125 wet shot with 275/40/17 M.T.'s and a few more mods, have to look at my cardomain site in my profile, too many to list. End of Dec. and Jan. is supposed to be the best DA for the track in AZ, so maybe I see about getting out there.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You should be able to hit 13s (traction permitting) with around 100 shot. 12s will involve a little more work: Weight reduction, bigger shot, h/c, etc.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Yeah I want to spray and see what I can do with just the ported and polished heads and intake, then once I get bored with that I will swap in a cam and and stall converter, maybe some aftermarket heads after I get tired of that. Somewhere in between all this I will probably need to swap in a posi and gears, and do some suspensions mods...maybe once I am knocking on low 13s I will start doing the suspensions unless I am just having traction problems...I've never NOT had a posi so I dont know how soon I will have traction issues...I know with my H/C LS1 I had to put on some wide drag radials to consistently get into the low 12s and suspension work to get into the 11s. But it came with a posi and 3.42s.

Comment

Oh and yes I am looking at gradually working up to a 150 shot and then maybe a 200 if it seems like it is running good with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Stone View Post
              Yeah I want to spray and see what I can do with just the ported and polished heads and intake, then once I get bored with that I will swap in a cam and and stall converter, maybe some aftermarket heads after I get tired of that. Somewhere in between all this I will probably need to swap in a posi and gears, and do some suspensions mods...maybe once I am knocking on low 13s I will start doing the suspensions unless I am just having traction problems...I've never NOT had a posi so I dont know how soon I will have traction issues...I know with my H/C LS1 I had to put on some wide drag radials to consistently get into the low 12s and suspension work to get into the 11s. But it came with a posi and 3.42s.
              you will have a hard time doing anything but spin unless you get posi and suspension work. You are doing your mods in the wrong order if you think you can do it without posi and suspension
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                you will have a hard time doing anything but spin unless you get posi and suspension work. You are doing your mods in the wrong order if you think you can do it without posi and suspension
                Yeah I understand this but the car isnt a track only car. I know some people frown upon it but yes I will be spraying it on the street. I live down by the Mexican border and it is nothing but long straight deserted roads so its a nice area to play.

Like I said I do plan on doing the posi soon....just waiting for a good deal. I figure if I sit and look I will come across either a posi diff or a good deal on a a complete rear end.. I am thinking about just getting a brand new posi and putting it in but still undecided....if its real cheap I will take a used one since if it breaks then there wasnt much money lost.

I understand that it will spin lol. For me it is not absolutely imperative that I am able to launch with no to little spin right away. I am patient and can wait a few more weeks for the posi. :) The way I see it there is no reason to have the posi until the car needs it. Theres no traction issues the way it sits now... You know what I mean? I only drove the car once before parking it for months so I really couldnt tell you if it spins now but I seriously doubt it lol. But yes you are right I will need a posi and better tires...the ones on it are brand new but are not a good brand, they were a gift so I had to take them lol.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X