weight reduction parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight reduction parts?

is there weight reduction parts specifically made for a 3.8 f-body? and if so where could i find these parts?

Re: weight reduction parts?

A couple...

Drag Racing Section Sticky

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...eight_interior
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...tion-list.html
    http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/weights.htm

Next time, search. Could've saved some energy on this one.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I actually meant replacement parts like carbon fiber and/or lighter replacement parts specifically for an f-body, so my car doesnt look like a torn apart mess. thanks anyway though

Comment

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/932001camaro.htm

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/9301firebird.htm

Comment

wow man great! thanks. that is exactly what im looking for :tup:

Comment

get some fiberglass body panels (like off that site), tear out all the carpeting, air conditioning, backseats, all audio equipment, spare tire and jack, passenger seat, and dump the exhaust after the cat... that should trim a few lbs... :D:tup:

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6 View Post
              get some fiberglass body panels (like off that site), tear out all the carpeting, air conditioning, backseats, all audio equipment, spare tire and jack, passenger seat, and dump the exhaust after the cat... that should trim a few lbs... :D:tup:
              he Does NOt want his car to look like a torn apart mess....
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                he Does NOt want his car to look like a torn apart mess....
                it wouldn't look like a mess unless you left stuff cluttering it all over...doing what i said would make it looked like it was stripped or being parted out... not sure thats good either, but if he wanted weight reduction.. there ya go

Comment

Tubular K member, tubular upper/lower A arms, QA-1 front shocks and springs, light weight battery, fiberglass hood, rear seat delete/w fill ins and prostar light weight rims on the front and some DR's in back. Also headers over the cast iron manifolds, Alm. driveshaft. Thats what I have now and it is pretty light. Once I get it raised back up to stock height I will dump the exhast before the rear axle. There is also alot of misc. peices.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ssm do you know how light you're car is atm? and thanks all for the replys

Comment

Haven't had it weighed before, also light weight Spearco seats you can add to my list. I would guess around 3100lbs or around there.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

take out the spare tire and jack and replace it with a CAA card....a/c delete, pull the lines and the compressor...can save about 80-100lbs with just that... take out all the misc. junk you have lieing in the car...it all adds up...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I know my spare tire & jack turned into a 10lb nitrous bottle.LOL I can't remove my A/C live in AZ. Too hot in the summer. Good idea though for someone in good weather.

Comment

For every 1 lb of rotating mass (e.i. wheels, ds,etc) is like pulling off 2lbs of ssprung weight. On my 68, I went from steel wheels to Weld draglites and picked up 1/4 sec in the 1/8.

Comment

Originally posted by Opontee View Post
                              For every 1 lb of rotating mass (e.i. wheels, ds,etc) is like pulling off 2lbs of ssprung weight. On my 68, I went from steel wheels to Weld draglites and picked up 1/4 sec in the 1/8.
                              I thought it was much closer to for every 1 lb of rotating mass, it is the equivalent of almost 10lbs unsprung weight, and the freeing up of almost 1rwhp...which is why guys have dynoed a difference for something like 18rwhp just switching from the two piece driveshaft (34lbs) to the aluminum one piece one (12lbs)...22lbs difference freed up> 18rwhp

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X