looking for 14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for 14's

i own a 2001 v6 bird. competely stock other than dual catback magnaflow exhaust and a k&n air filter. o and i have posi with 3.42 gears..any advice on how i could get to around mid 14's?

Re: looking for 14's

Originally posted by 3800v6 View Post
    i own a 2001 v6 bird. competely stock other than dual catback magnaflow exhaust and a k&n air filter. o and i have posi with 3.42 gears..any advice on how i could get to around mid 14's?
    more mods....higher gears, headers, CAI and a tune for starters....or weight reduction is rather cheap and free way to get there...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

cool, thanks.

Comment

n20 quickest way to hit mid 14s even lower

Comment

personally, im trying to stay away from nitrous, turbo, and s/c. i really dont race so it would be pointless. just lookin to be a bit quicker out on the streets

Comment

oooo on the streets

headers, cat, exhaust, intake----> then gears, stall, cam or rockers

4.10s and a stall will make a hell of a difference

Comment

well then i got 1 thing out of the way. whats the advantage of higher/lower gears? any recommendations for headers? pacesetter seems very common, but not to sure..

Comment

Higher Gears (3.73, 4.10) Quicker Acceleration, Lower Top speed (less MPG if it means anything)

Lower Gears- (3.08 3.23) Slower Acceleration, Higher top speed (more MPG)

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro View Post
                  Higher Gears (3.73, 4.10) Quicker Acceleration, Lower Top speed (less MPG if it means anything)

Lower Gears- (3.08 3.23) Slower Acceleration, Higher top speed (more MPG)
                  MPG depends on the type of driving too; in city, taller gear might get you better mileage since the car doesn't work as much to get moving. If you do alot of highway, lower gears are generally better so you're sitting at a lower RPM. If you go too low in the city, you'll lose MPG; same if you go too tall for highway. I have 3.73's in my 5sp 'Maro and pull 22-23 MPG city or highway.
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed98Camaro View Post
                    that "lower top speed" only applies if the OP is in his top gear, at redline...and, at those speeds, the last thing he should worry about is his MPGs

Comment

Let's put it this way...even with 4.56's you will not run out of gear even on a 1/4 mile track while racing... not something you should really be concerned about...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                        Let's put it this way...even with 4.56's you will not run out of gear even on a 1/4 mile track while racing... not something you should really be concerned about...
                        yeah, i agree. thanks.

Comment

i hit 15.2 with intake and exhaust on my 01 camaro stock open diff and 3.42 gears so it won;t take much to get you in to 14s
                          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                          1991 3000GT VR4
                          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X