My 96 RS(stock) vs Highly modified V6 Mustang - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 96 RS(stock) vs Highly modified V6 Mustang

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 96 RS(stock) vs Highly modified V6 Mustang

I don't get it and to be honest I should have lost big time but I didn't.

A have a friend of mine who built this 98 V6 Mustang and this thing was highly modified. He's got aftermarket brakes, suspension, and a cold air intake with a couple of pullys when where driving down the road it sounds like its supercharged going down the road.

The only thing I do have is an exhaust system off a Z28 as well as no rev limiter so the dealer says. I also have had friends confrm that I have gears but donno if its true or not.

We ran it twice and both times he lost

the first time he claimed to have it in 2nd but i'am like how is that possible when your an auto?.

The second time I still beat him off the line it was very close and i'am close to losing but in the end I won by a fender, however he did started catching me pretty quickly towards the end especially had it been maybe another 100yards or so I would have been done. Other than that he does want a rematch except he wants to go from a rolling start this time. I'am sure he knows something that i donno about.:(

Iv'e been racing pretty much my whole life while I don't know much about him other than he run's it once in a while.

Was a very lucky on this one or do V6 stangs just suck?. Could experience have something to do with this?. This isn't the first time Iv'e walked on fully moded cars like this and should have lost big time. Iv'e ran against some very well modified hondas in my RS and should have lost but in the end I end up winning however this was a V6 mustang that should have walked me hard.
    Last edited by Pantera; 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM.

Re: My 96 RS(stock) vs Highly modified V6 Mustang

hey rocket scientist, no kill stories.

and FYI, i wouldnt call that Highly modified. if thats the case i have a mildly modified stock trans am.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
      hey rocket scientist, no kill stories.

and FYI, i wouldnt call that Highly modified. if thats the case i have a mildly modified stock trans am.
      Could have been run at the track...he didnt say the road.

but yea, that is not heavily modded at all...that is some mild bolt ons...highly modified would be cam/heads/intake/FI/nitrous....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

but yea, that is not heavily modded at all...that is some mild bolt ons...highly modified would be cam/heads/intake/FI/nitrous....
        He suspension and brakes are fully aftermarket.

Hell he even has a fully modified rear diff.:stp:

The only thing thats left on the car that hasn't been touched has been the motor which has a cold air intake and a couple of other bolt on's.

Comment

brakes dont make you go fast....suspension work can make a difference on the track provided it is set up properly, and it depends on what he has done...things like STB and sfc will add weight...

whats done to the rear diff?

CAI is no big deal...

Comment

Sounds like he's got a CAI for performance mods; your car can take him no problem. V6 Mustangs are slow compared to ours.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

given its late november, he lives in colorado, and the facts that A) no times provided B) he wants to go from a roll next time. its pretty safe to say he was NOT at a track. i know there's no way in hell there is a track open in colorado this late in the year.

in any case, its not highly modded, saying a car with a bit of suspension work and "fully modified rear diff" and lets not forget this is the turd of turd v6 mustangs anyways with it being a sn95, 150hp car. if you didnt beat him i could see a problem, but its not like you just edged out a s197 gt. even at best a sn95 v6 still sucks with those mods.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              Or this

Comment

given its late november, he lives in colorado, and the facts that A) no times provided B) he wants to go from a roll next time. its pretty safe to say he was NOT at a track. i know there's no way in hell there is a track open in colorado this late in the year.

in any case, its not highly modded, saying a car with a bit of suspension work and "fully modified rear diff" and lets not forget this is the turd of turd v6 mustangs anyways with it being a sn95, 150hp car. if you didnt beat him i could see a problem, but its not like you just edged out a s197 gt. even at best a sn95 v6 still sucks with those mods.
                hey...maybe they drove to florida :P....maybe the roll comment was because his buddy didnt win at the track lol...

Comment

Based off of those mods, the Mustang is nowhere near being highly modded. It's not even a full bolt-on car. I didn't even see mention of exhaust... Transmission could probably use some upgrades. And yes, 1993-1998 v6 mustangs are some of the slowest out there.

Oh, and street racing... :slap:
                  '99 Camaro
                  '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                  '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

given its late november, he lives in colorado, and the facts that A) no times provided B) he wants to go from a roll next time. its pretty safe to say he was NOT at a track. i know there's no way in hell there is a track open in colorado this late in the year..
                    For one until kernel sanders doesn't give out his secret respie for his KFC chicken I won't give out any of my times.

Two I have way to much to lose to be racing on the streets.

:P....maybe the roll comment was because his buddy didnt win at the track lol...
                    exactly how it happened.

Comment

well, logic says he's probably not going to be there the next time he runs
                      Originally posted by Pantera View Post
                      Other than that he does want a rematch except he wants to go from a rolling start this time.
                      when where driving down the road it sounds like its supercharged going down the road.
                      So does my car...it's called a gatorback belt

He suspension and brakes are fully aftermarket.

Hell he even has a fully modified rear diff.:stp:

The only thing thats left on the car that hasn't been touched has been the motor which has a cold air intake and a couple of other bolt on's.
                      ok...so it's "highly modded." Doesn't mean it's fast. Bottom line, looks like you were fighting a bloated, overweight mustang...which is hardly anything to be afraid of

Comment

For one until kernel sanders doesn't give out his secret respie for his KFC chicken I won't give out any of my times.
                        ya because a stock v6 that runs 15s is some big secret :rolleyes:

so i dont believe a word you say for a second being as it is you've posted before about street racing.

Follow me!
                        Or this

Comment

Bahaha! I almost spit my drink out after reading that
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado
                          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

wtf is a respie anyways?

Follow me!
                            Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              3 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X