• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New best (4.10's)

60' -------- 2.14
    330' ------- 6.09
    1/8 ET ---- 9.46
    1/8 MPH -- 72.74

My mods = ram air, 4.10's in a torsen, HD2 4L60E shift kit on the full race setting, open Y-pipe (catless), and a full tune done by me (still getting 1* KR sometimes) running like 24* @ WOT. I need headers bad.

But anyways.. the DA was

Density Altitude: 795 feet
    Relative Density: 97.7 %

Which I guess was pretty good.. but I go to the same track. I only made 3 runs. It went down a tenth every time. My 60' is very consistent. I need DR's because I am spinning too much off the line. The best launch technique I could get was to stall it to 3,000, and then roll fast into the gas, as opposed to "stabbing" it. Whenever I got too exited and floored it, I spun all the way through first.

So with my current setup (suspension wise) my 60' is maxed.

I am very happy with the time I got. If I can get that 60' down to 1.9 with DR's I could probably get a 9.2 or so. I am pretty sure if I got 2-3 more runs in, I could have pulled a 9.4 flat or high 9.3.

Re: New best (4.10's)

i was at the track the other night and this dude in a 3.8 bird had 4.10s and he was runnin .2 faster than me. all he had was superior performance lsd, and gears, no intake, no exhaust. i was runnin a 9.45 to his 9.20. i have pacesetter headers, full exhaust, no cat, 3.42 lsd, k and n filter, ram air, tb spacer.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yeah I had a solid .2 gain from just the 4.10's. I think it was closer to .3 though.

I only had a stock shaved lid (no silencer and that **** obviously).. other than that, just the gears/shift kit/tune.

My goal is to hit 9.0 before I do my H/C. I need to lower my 60' <2.0 and I should be in good shape. Then I just need some headers (I'm getting the FFF LT's).

Comment

i just got pacestters, wish i would have known about the longtubes! update when you do the headers.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

stalling to 3k with a stock converter?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
            stalling to 3k with a stock converter?
            That would be nice to stall 3k on the stock converter, I can get mine to about 2200 rpms, but I still have some Earls brake hoses to put on. Will see if I can get anymore out of mine. But all stock converters are not the same so I don't know what the highest a person has stalled on one, but would like to know?
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

there's no way in hell he's stalling it that high without neutral dropping.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

Good job on the new best.

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx View Post
                  Yeah I had a solid .2 gain from just the 4.10's. I think it was closer to .3 though.

I only had a stock shaved lid (no silencer and that **** obviously).. other than that, just the gears/shift kit/tune.

My goal is to hit 9.0 before I do my H/C. I need to lower my 60' <2.0 and I should be in good shape. Then I just need some headers (I'm getting the FFF LT's).
                  Who makes the long tube headers?
                  99 Z28 M6...91 Z28 A4...84 Z28 A4

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    That would be nice to stall 3k on the stock converter,
                    it wouldn't be nice, it'd be impossible

But all stock converters are not the same so I don't know what the highest a person has stalled on one, but would like to know?
                    I can promise it isn't at 3k
                    Originally posted by Chris Stone View Post
                    Who makes the long tube headers?
                    Force Fed Fabrications

Comment

I can guarantee that it is at least 2800.. I've hit 3,000 before when I had an extra 200 lbs of things in my car. and it is the stock stall as far as I know anyways..

The car was completely bone stock when I got it.. and I haven't changed the stall.

Also new best time is 9.2 because of new LCA/PHB and less psi in the tires (I got a 60' of 2.0 [0 spin] as opposed to the 2.2x or so I was getting before). Could have gotten a 9.1 if I made a couple more runs I think.
                      Last edited by xmetallicaxguitaristx; 12-20-2008, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X