Woohoo Just got back from the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo Just got back from the track

Just got back from the track....and while my best run is disappointing to say the least, it is also a reassurance that my goal of hitting mid to low 14's is extremely possible.....(with dr's it looks like)

here it is

R/T.... .161
    60'..... 2.346
    330..... 6.491
    1/8..... 9.929
    MPH..... 71.08
    1000..... 12.921
    1/4..... 15.441
    MPH..... 89.76

For those of you who don't already know, cars a 96 A4, full bolt on, 3.90 gears, adjustable shocks, relocated LCA's, and apparently crappy 245 R16 Hankook Ventus HRII tires lol....

Edit: This was run with full weight, jack + spare, plus subwoofer, plus amp. Nothing was removed from the car....

DA for the night was 383
    Last edited by LETZRIDE; 09-20-2008, 01:38 AM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Woohoo Just got back from the track

Wow I did a 15.9 Stock Thats with Street Tires and also Hot *** Weather

Comment

with dr's and the other stuff u have you shoudl have gotta low 15

Comment

i Think i read this Wrong MY BAD lol you dont have the DR's yet lol My bad lol

Comment

with dr's I figure I should be cutting 1.9 60's....rule of thumb is usually ever .1 you save on your 60' is .2 you save on your 1/4 time.

2.34-1.9 is almost a half second, so Im thinking with Dr's I should save about .9 off my time. That should put me in around 14.5....then factor in some weight reduction.....I think I may have my mid to low 14's become reality....

Comment

I highly doubt you are going to gain .9 from DRs alone unless you are spinning like crazy right now
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i ran 15.3 with intake and exhaust
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                I highly doubt you are going to gain .9 from DRs alone unless you are spinning like crazy right now
                Thats what I mean....I am lol....I feel the rear end hopping a little even going into third....or something bouncing back there anyways.

With DRs the 60' time definetly has to come down to atleast 1.9....like I said that is almost a half second difference....if that rule of thumb holds true, then gaining .9 doesnt seem like a stretch.... Plus remember, I still need to do weight reduction as well...

Comment

Pull the woofer and amps, and run on very very low fuel and you could definitely see mid 14's once you get the DRs.
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

See that was my problem I have amps a 15 in sub and a Full gas Tank when i went and i only got 15.9

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      Just got back from the track....and while my best run is disappointing to say the least, it is also a reassurance that my goal of hitting mid to low 14's is extremely possible.....(with dr's it looks like)
                      no, it's not. That trap speed is way too slow for a low 14-second run, and cutting a 1.9 60' on a stock stall is virtually impossible, regardless of what type of tires you have. With your current plans, you're not going to see anything faster than a 14.7.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                        no, it's not. That trap speed is way too slow for a low 14-second run, and cutting a 1.9 60' on a stock stall is virtually impossible, regardless of what type of tires you have. With your current plans, you're not going to see anything faster than a 14.7.
                        yea, not gonna happen. my car traps over 90 and i still run low 15's with 2.2 60's. your not going to be able to get the RPMS up high anough to even take full advantage of the DR's, your just going to bog. i put my car toward the wall shifting into second and im still going to finish off my suspension before getting tires, there no point yet.

personally, i dont even think dr's are needed yet , a stall, and good street tires can get you high 14's easly. get all that extra weight out, lower the pressure in your tires, run with a 1/4 tank of gas and see what happens.
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Thats what I mean....I am lol....I feel the rear end hopping a little even going into third....or something bouncing back there anyways.

With DRs the 60' time definetly has to come down to atleast 1.9....like I said that is almost a half second difference....if that rule of thumb holds true, then gaining .9 doesnt seem like a stretch.... Plus remember, I still need to do weight reduction as well...
                          the general rule of thumb isnt dead nuts like that, you might go .5 faster at most with dr's.

the extra weight in the back might be whats giving you wheel hop, all mine went away with lca's.

do you have aftermarket lca's or stock ones with relocation brackets? tq arm yet?
                          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

stock ones...stock torque arm to....

I've trapped 90 or 91mph before....if iirc havent people cut 1.9's on street tires before?

Comment

stock ones...stock torque arm to....

I've trapped 90 or 91mph before....if iirc havent people cut 1.9's on street tires before?
                              get lca's and a torque before bothering with dr's. your still going to have traction/wheel hop issues if you dont. lca's helped me alot, tq arm is next on my list,then shocks.

shocks are another thing people over look,but they can cause wheel hop just as much as stock lca's.

as far as running 1.9 60' - possibly, on wider rims using 275 wide tires or bigger. they make pretty sticky street tires. that, combinded with a decent size width i would bet you could cut 1.9's pretty easy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X