New Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mods

i got some new mods for this year including lsd and 3.73's, 1le front and rear sways w/poly bushings and a cenerforce dual fric. clutch. The clutch is finally broken in so i'm off to the autocross on sunday. i had to miss the first 2 races. i'll let everyone know how it goes!

Re: New Mods

Originally posted by rdoms6 View Post
    i got some new mods for this year including lsd and 3.73's, 1le front and rear sways w/poly bushings and a cenerforce dual fric. clutch. The clutch is finally broken in so i'm off to the autocross on sunday. i had to miss the first 2 races. i'll let everyone know how it goes!
    I'm curious to see how much the new sway bars make a difference. I've been wondering what suspension mods to do next for autocross.

What do you run for tires?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

the new sway bars are great. they made a big differance on turn in. i also have eibach springs and kyb non-adjustable shocks. these sway bars are the cheapest way to go. my tires suck they are yokohama yk420, 245/50r16. im still trying to figure out tire pressures because i cannot keep the rear under me coming out of a turn. last race the fronts were 41.5psi and rears were 37.5 psi

Comment

i placed 3rd out of 8. the only to who beat me were on r-compounds.
        my best time 25.854
        here are a few others
        24.557 '07 mustang gt race tires, suspention
        27.47 98 firebird v6 springs
        23.884 s2000 race tire, coilovers, intake exhaust
        26.114 05 mustang v6 exhaust and ???
        25.594 08 mustang gt stock race tires
        23.979 01 camaro ss race tires
        21.781 LOTUS ELISE RACE TIRES. PULLING THE FRONT WHEEL OFF THE GROUND COMING OUT OF CORNERS. HE WAS NATIONAL CHAMP LAST YEAR. FASTEST TIME OF THE DAY

Comment

oh ya the v6 firebird thought i was a v8 with the sound/times i was producing!!

Comment

the new sway bars are great. they made a big differance on turn in. i also have eibach springs and kyb non-adjustable shocks. these sway bars are the cheapest way to go. my tires suck they are yokohama yk420, 245/50r16. im still trying to figure out tire pressures because i cannot keep the rear under me coming out of a turn. last race the fronts were 41.5psi and rears were 37.5 psi
            turn in and loose out are my biggest issues as well. Maybe this winter I'll look into swapping out the sway bars. I run Eibachs and Konis.

i placed 3rd out of 8. the only to who beat me were on r-compounds.
            my best time 25.854
            here are a few others
            24.557 '07 mustang gt race tires, suspention
            27.47 98 firebird v6 springs
            23.884 s2000 race tire, coilovers, intake exhaust
            26.114 05 mustang v6 exhaust and ???
            25.594 08 mustang gt stock race tires
            23.979 01 camaro ss race tires
            21.781 LOTUS ELISE RACE TIRES. PULLING THE FRONT WHEEL OFF THE GROUND COMING OUT OF CORNERS. HE WAS NATIONAL CHAMP LAST YEAR. FASTEST TIME OF THE DAY
            3rd of 8 is not bad at all. Your times are not that far off the race tires. Must be a short course though.

At the last event there was an acura (FWD) Integra pulling the REAR tires off the ground in the slalom. Dude was fast.

Comment

ya it was the shortest course of the year. most are around 40 to 50 sec. and they say race tires will drop times by almost 2 sec.

i run esp, what class do you run

heres the link to my region
              http://nworscca.com/

Comment

ya it was the shortest course of the year. most are around 40 to 50 sec. and they say race tires will drop times by almost 2 sec.

i run esp, what class do you run

heres the link to my region
                http://nworscca.com/
                In the future, I am not sure if I am going to run high perf street tires (Eagle F1s) or slicks. All the other cars in my class run slicks. I run in street mod. My region has nationals this coming weekend, but I can't make it. :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X