2 New PB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 New PB's

Yup, took me alllll night long, but it finally happened. Quick rundown of the night...ET Streets were awesome and hooked great, blew pipe clamps every other run, spent most of our time fixing the car. Hot lapped at the the end of the night. I made about 10 runs all night, but only 2 were good healthy runs other than that, I screwed the launch (learning new 'verter) or blew off an intake or intercooler clamp.

Same setup = 12 psi and 2 separate 50 shots of nitrous.

Best run of the night:

60'...1.80 <---new PB
    1/8...7.93<---new PB
    mph...86.87

Second best run:

60'...1.88
    1/8...8.055
    mph...86.53

I pulled a few other 1.9 60's as well, but as soon as the second stage hit...blew a clamp...****ty run.

Weather was not favorable at all. It was low 80's all night with 95% humidity...turbo does not like that.

We have some more tuning to do as well. The tune right now is from January when it was cold and dry as hell so it was running rich all night, but we couldnt get a good tune to look at because the car kept breaking

Once I finally had the launch pretty much figured out and found out why I kept blowing intake clamps I ran out of nitrous! I had another full spare bottle, but it would have taken awhile to warm up and the track was closing in less than 15 mins. I wanted another 7.9x slip sooooo badly, but it just wasnt in the cards for me tonight.

The intake clamp issue was due to turbo surging during the burnout which knocked it loose, then when the second stage of nitrous hit it came completely off. Easy fix...let out of the gas completely and let the BOV do its job lol.

More tuning, practice on the launch and better weather and this car should do consitant 7's and hopefully low 12's in the 1/4. We shall see...
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Re: 2 New PB's

It takes time, congrats!
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      3 days ago
    • ssms5411
      Little work today
      by ssms5411
      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
      2 weeks ago
    • LETZRIDE
      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X