Ricer Wants to Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricer Wants to Race

This kid thinks that he get beat my camaro with his 91 Toyota MR2 Turbo. I know he would probably beat me off the line. But, in the querter I think I would take him. I have a 96 Camaro V6, CAI, Headers, SLP LoudMouth, ZZP GT2 Cam, 36lb injectors, ect. and its all been dyno tuned. He is talking **** so I think I will have to take him down. His cars pushing out a whoping 200 crank horse power. I really don't think its going to beat me. Especially because its only 500 pounds lighter. Thats my rant lol, just want to here your thoughts.

Re: Ricer Wants to Race

i dont know those cars are small as hell

Comment

Beat the ricer.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

throw on a 50 wet shot without telling him...

smoke him

write a new thread

o and do this AT THE TRACK

Comment

wouldnt sleep on those cars, crank the boost up and youre in trouble. ive gotten my *** kicked by one at the track, first time i ran him he was running mid 14s, next time we went at it he tore off a high 11 on me.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

take him to the track and give him hell in the quarter man. it'd probably be a good race though.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by v6James View Post
              I have a 96 Camaro V6, CAI, Headers, SLP LoudMouth, ZZP GT2 Cam, 36lb injectors, ect. and its all been dyno tuned.
              got any times to go along with that grocery list?

Comment

Yeah.. just about anything could be upgraded.. I bet my buddy at work with his 305.. or 350 whatever in his 93 camaro is thinking the same thing about me as you are with the ricer. He's runnin high 12's and does not believe I could ever make my car touch his. Little does he know what our engines can do.. I think he's catching on because I'm starting to hear fear in his voice when we talk about it even though he denies it completely. Moral of the story, don't understimate the competition when you don't know all the facts.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

race him at the track and see...Mr2's are one of the few Jap cars I actually have alot of respect for though...They can be damn quick...whats your car putting down...you said its dyno tuned...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I was very close to getting an MR2 Turbo...unfortunately, why I didnt buy it was because it was a rebuild, and nothing matched the original VIN, so I bought the Cam. Hate me, yes, but the MR2 are damn fast. If I had the choice of any Japanese street car, I'd have an AW11 supercharged MR2, or a '93 FD RX7 turbo.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
                    Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Its getting about 248 rwhr and about 300 at the crank. I don't have any times because I havent had it out yet. Just got done with the build recently. So, idk, sounds like I could get beat. Man I hate ricers, were supposed to race this summer in Grand Rapids, because he isnt getting his car out until then. Were both up at college right now and he started talking crap.

Comment

I know from my Daytona I can talk smack and say I am only running 7lbs of boost but a little turn of a nob I am pushing 15lbs!! Good luck!!
                        Jeff ..
                        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

How do you have 300 crank horsepower

I have the same mods as you and am no where near 300 hp. 248 rwhp is also kindof unbelievable, unless its a manual I guess it's somewhat possible.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                          Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                          http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

2nd gen of MR2s are mean little cars. drove my friends stock turbo mr2 its a nice car. i might drive my other friend's slightly modded mr2 this weekened, depending on the weather, and that thing is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by airattack111 View Post
                              How do you have 300 crank horsepower

I have the same mods as you and am no where near 300 hp. 248 rwhp is also kindof unbelievable, unless its a manual I guess it's somewhat possible.
                              Has yours been tuned? From what I understand it makes a big difference.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X