X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Street Twin Turbo V6 goes 11.77

Tease is a girl?
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Yup I'm a girl too Shirl!! :D
      y87, GFX pkg, 5 spoke chrome rims, and 20% tint, 69 chrome camaro fender emblems, 2 3/4 inch cowl hood, built 3.8 series 2 motor(all forged),Heads and Cam, race prep trans, 3200 stall, full exhaust, and some suspension work.

Comment

Great stuff !

Was on a race last weekend, it was won by a heavily modified Volkswagen Scirocco (2.0L engine) - 430 hp on the wheels. Both turbo and nitro installs.

His best time was 11.40 or so. What would I not give to see a V6 muscle win this race..

On the other hand 40k is quite a lot, although with the rate i'm going, in a lot less than 5 years, may be even next year, I may as well go well above that :)

It's crazy how much money this hobby sucks out. Especially if you have some on the side..

Comment

Originally posted by tease
          Yup I'm a girl too Shirl!! :D
          :omg:...

Viper get back to the track!!!
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
            Viper get back to the track!!!
            We are working on it...
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Congrats! I too did not know you were a lady..... kick @ss!!!!!
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

nice to see you got the setup running. those are nice times! very impressive...seems like you can do way better. either way good job.

ps. i still have the pic of the two turbos somewhere lol.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Oh man this car is the real deal. I went to dinner with tease tonight and we took the twin turbo beast. Boost comes on HARD! If you got into this car not knowing it was turbo, you'd be in for a big suprise. Outside it looks like a clean Camaro, inside is all stock minus a pillar pod. Cams every so slightly and is LOUD! Might be louder than my LT1 with headers and a loudmouth! I'm still amazed by this car. Someone mostly drove like a grandma though...... We only saw about 10psi, maybe a spike to 13, and the speedo looked like it was about to snap off.

I can not stress enough how well put together this package is. On a 40 degree night, we took a 9 second capable car out cruising and didn't have so much as a hiccup. Even in traffic it ran exceptionally well. I can't get over how quick the power comes on. Not as fast as nitrous hits, but right into boost. OMFG! I can't wait to see this car set on kill. It's set on pump gas right now!
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Do you have pics of your set up, list of mods, and pricing too would be nice. :)

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Here is a list of most of the mods and some picture. You will have to call/contact Finish Line Performace (www.flp2win.com) if you want pricing.

Twin Turbo 3.8series2 2000 Camaro. And yes it is streetable and it's FULL Weight. It still has AC, Heat, and Power Steering even. Finish Line Performance in Naperville, IL did all the work on this car.

Here is a sound clip from the day they fired it up.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1890980821

Front Mount

Engine Bay1

Engine Bay 2 - The factory lid still snaps down over the top of the pipe to try to hide it a bit.

Outside of car

A List of most of the modifications to the car

AES Built 3.8 Liter Series 2 V6

Precision Industries 60mm turbos

Custom Fabricated Oil Lines by Dan Bills of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Tial Blow Off Valve

Precision Turbo Custom Intercooler

Custom Fabricated Intercooler Tubing By Don Kenik of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Intercooler Tubing Powder Coated By Lo-Ko Performance Coatings (Oak Lawn, IL)

Precision Turbo 95 lb Fuel Injectors

Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Custom Fabricated Fuel Lines by Dan Bills of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Racetronix Twin In-Tank Fuel Pump System

AEM Boost Controller/Gauge

Big Stuff 3 Engine & Transmission Management System

Custom Fabricated Engine Harness by Dan Bills of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

LS1 F-body 78mm Throttle Body

Custom Fabricated Throttle Body Adapter Plate by “JC” of Performance Concepts (Mokena, IL)

Custom Fabricated Twin Turbo System By Don Kenik of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Custom Fabricated Dual Exhaust System by Don Kenik of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Custom Fabricated Power Steering Line by Dan Bills of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Custom Fabricated A/C Line by Dan Bills of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

Custom Fabricated Heater Hoses by Dan Bills of Finish Line Performance (Naperville, IL)

PA Racing Custom K-Member

Spohn Upper and Lower A-Arms

Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm with Driveshaft Safety Loop

Spohn 25mm Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Stock Front Sway Bar

QA1 12 Way Adjustable Front Shocks

QA1 12 Front Springs

QA1 12 Way Adjustable Rear Shocks

Stock Rear Springs

Polyurethane Suspension Mounts

Billingsley Racing Control Arms

Billingsley Racing Panhard Bar

Alston Subframe Connectors

Custom 3 inch Driveshaft by Suburban Driveline (Villa Park, IL)

Level 5 4L60E (Vacuum Modulated) Transmission by Finish Line Transmission (Wood Dale, IL)

Precision Industries Torque Converter

Strange Engineering 12 Bolt Rear End with 3.73 Gear Painted by Hue-Phoria (Naperville, IL)

Front Grill and Bumper modified and painted by Bridgeview Car Care (Bridgeview, IL)

VFN 2 3/4in Cowl Hood
                      Last edited by tease; 11-17-2007, 09:19 AM.
                      y87, GFX pkg, 5 spoke chrome rims, and 20% tint, 69 chrome camaro fender emblems, 2 3/4 inch cowl hood, built 3.8 series 2 motor(all forged),Heads and Cam, race prep trans, 3200 stall, full exhaust, and some suspension work.

Comment

grats Carmen, and i know you can get more out of that beast... can't wait to see it in person.. wish i couldve gone to Cordova
                        2000 Bright Red Camaro 3800 V6, A4, LSD, 3.42<br />Whisper lid, K&N, American Thunder Catback, Wings West GFX, Billet Grill<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.mfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.mfba.org</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~thontor/camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~thontor/camaro/</a>

Comment

Car Chicks are COOL..:D
                          2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Wow, that car looks REALLY GOOD and is danng fast! :tup: :tup: :tup:
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Jeez that's a clean car!!!!!

And.... LS1 throttle body.... damn!

BTW - how do you like the Spohn 25mm Rear Anti-Sway Bar?
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

The whole car feels different now with the whole suspension having been replaced. But the car feels GREAT going down the track and on the street they way it is set up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X